Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jaime's Bubble Talent

In case you didn't see if on Facebook yesterday, I thought I'd post this on here, too. Yesterday, I caught Jaime blowing bubbles, not only was he blowing bubbles with the bubble wand, he was putting the bubble soap on his lips and forming bubbles that way, too. Kind of weird, yes, but a pretty huge thing considering all of the sensory, developmental and feeding issues he's overcome the last 4 years! I thought this was simply too cute NOT to share! Such talent the boy has! :)
Just to put things in perspective, yesterday marks the first time I held Jaime, 4 yrs ago. He was 1 week old...and then coded for the first time, during the night, just hours after the photo was taken. We've come a long way from our NICU days to discovering bubble talent and I couldn't be more proud of him!
Just wanted to share this with you...time for Jaime to go to sensory integration therapy where on Monday, I learned to "brush" him...wonder what we'll learn today! (Baby steps to desensitizing him!)

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.