![]() |
| Jaime on his laptop! |
Jaime is still banned from Pediasure at night and nap time. He's doing OK with this. He's still NOT sleeping through the night, as he's waking up asking for "milky," but slowly we're getting away from that. Having said that, he's not eating any more during the day. We're still monitoring his weight. I think he's around 32lbs, but it's hard to tell on our scale...and when he was weighed today at the drs, he was weighed fully dressed with shoes and a diaper on. (yes, diaper...this boy is still not potty trained! I'm hoping the potty training Gods descend upon him soon...I'm over changing these pull ups! HA!)
Jaime went to the rehab doctor today. It's been decided that Jaime will go back into his leg braces. If you recall, the last time he had braces, they bruised his legs very badly. The goal this time is to make them softer, as he no longer needs ankle support, but he needs a way to keep off his toes. There are plenty of toe walkers in this world, the problem with Jaime is that he has no control on his toes and falls often. Jaime falling poses other risks because of his hemophilia. He's all bruised up...you can even see a bruise on his left arm in the picture above because of a fall. We've got to find a way to keep him safe, the least invasive way is with these leg braces. We'll see! Jaime's due for a fitting on July 6th.
Also noted in today's appointment was that Jaime most likely has ADHD (attention deficit hyper disorder). I'm not surprised...he's a crazy boy! Not to mention a preemie with hypoxia (lack of O2)...apparently this combo has a significantly higher chance of having ADHD. I was told to take him to a developmental pediatrician to assist with this. I'm not sure where that will go, but there was talk of possibly putting him on medication to help with his therapy. I don't know what to think of this since he's on so much other stuff already. (I'm so anti-medication in general, I hate the thought of putting so many chemicals into his little body.) I'll update when (if) we see the developmental peds.
In other news...we are still slated to go to Cincy next month. There's been g-tube talk again, but I think we'll just see how all of this plays out. While we're in Cincinnati next month for Jaime, Jared will be going to hemophilia camp with the Cincinnati Children's Hospital hem/occ center, so it should be a fun time for him! You know I'll sneak a picture of two of him at camp! ;)
So that's the update...short and sweet!
Let me just take minute to ask that you continue to keep all CDH families in your thoughts and prayers...there are many families that are beginning this journey that could really use the extra positive vibes! Thank you so much!
Until next time.....


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.