Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Cold is NEVER just a COLD! :(

EEK! Jaime's got the "ICK!"
I'm hoping that he gets better by Tuesday so that he can still have his long awaited surgery, BUT, THIS is what we were doing this morning instead of attending the first day of Sunday School! :(



I think I may have written in my last post that Jaime's been a bit off and I felt like something was brewing...Mom Intuition was right! :( Jaime started with a runny nose the other day and during the night has gone into a full blown cough/gag/puke thing! He's not throwing up because his tummy hurts, it's the coughing and his gag reflex that makes him throw up.We're in the middle of his back to back breathing treatments at I type! He starts with an Atrovent/Xopenex Treatment (shown here), then 20 minutes later gets another Xopenex, then 20 minutes after that another Xopenex. Then, we go to every 3 to 4 hours of breathing treatments as his cough persists. Right now Jaime's lungs are clear, we give breathing treatments because of his cough. His cough causes his trachoemalacia (floppy airway) to swell, making it difficult to breathe and anything we can do to keep the swelling down is great! I will also be starting him on steroids today, too! I really was looking forward to taking him to his first day of Sunday School, too!

So, here's my beg and plead for you all to keep Jaime in your thoughts and prayers that he is well enough to go to the OR on Tuesday. At this point, there's NO WAY, but I'm hoping that he'll be on the mend in the next 24 hours. We have rearranged so much and have waited so long for this to happen! Of course, this IS Jaime...we know he NEVER goes to the OR as planned! Grrrrr.....
Thank you for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.