Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Walking Video

I was finally able to capture a video of Jaime walking tonight. We were outside, trying to get him to walk, Tom went to move the sprinkler and up Jaime got! It's pretty cute! Notice his "sideways" walk?!? I always compare Jaime's "walk" to the dog that we had growing up...Brandi was once hit by a car and always walked sideways after that.
Anyway, here he is...enjoy! These moments are few and far between, but I'm happy to say that we're getting there! :)



P.S. Just hit the "play" button! :)

7 comments:

  1. That was too cute! So proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camden walks like that cute! His PT says it is the from the way his muscles are from laying too long? But that they'll be fine...just thought Id share her thoughts. =0) Isnt it great to see them walk?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't see the video hun, but well done Jaime on the walkin :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is so fun!!! I love it. He's doing much better than Brooke and Kamryn. They still like to fall forward and expect you to catch them. I know they can do it, they just won't. LOL. He's such a big boy!!! Love it!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless his heart, I knew he would do it on "Jaime" time. He is just to cute! Way to go Jaime, good job!!!

    Sending Hugs,
    A Mom-Mom in NJ

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.