Other than the labs showing that Jaime is "dry" (dehydrated) everything else is negative, including the stool labs. The dr. called this evening to check on Jaime. I told her that he's still super cranky and slept the entire time his new nurse was here which was over 3 hours. We talked about his labs and she noticed that the lab made an error...apparently they were also supposed to be testing Jaime for Celiac Disease. I was completely unaware of this, but the Pulm. said that the lab order was in the computer, but not processed. Hmmmm...she told me to call the GI dr. tomorrow to see if I should take Jaime back for the additional labs. I guess the thought of that really never crossed my mind! I'm also slightly frustrated that Jaime may need another prick because someone didn't fully do their job! ARGH!
Anyway...that's all for tonight. Hoping he's feeling better and starting to show signs of hydration really soon! He's drinking, but I think he was so dry that it's taking a while to fully hydrate him again.
I'll update if things change!

wow you poor mom! I hope Jaime gets better quickly and STAYS that way!!!! and poor kid those pricks are the worst.. I remember K had one in her heel when she was younger from her home nurse... and she spilled half the vile of blood so she had to keep squeezing to get more!! K of course cried and squirmed the entire time! ugh!
ReplyDeleteI pray he gets better quickly for your sake and his!! hang in there!
aww poor guy.......i'm back to blogging again and just read your post....haven't heard from you in a long time! hope your all holding up ok
ReplyDelete