Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BIG NEWS....OR

Wow, it's been over a week since I've posted....there's so much to write about....don't worry, I'll try to make it brief.

First off, last week, Jaime contracted yet another double ear infection. That prompted a visit to the pediatrician and calls to the ENT & Pulm. Jaime's back on antibiotics. However, he was feeling better and did go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween...his 1st Halloween at HOME! :) He had fun going up to the houses with the kids...he even picked out a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup that he held almost the entire time he was out...super cute! (Wouldn't eat it, though!)
Here's the big news....since Jaime got another ear infection, the ENT decided to go forward with the ear tubes. If you remember, we were told that they were going to wait on the tubes for at least another 6 weeks just to see how he'd do. Well, the wait is over and we have an OR date....Tomorrow we are going to ENT for our pre-op appointment and next Friday we are going to Anesthesia and hematology (for a hemophilia consult) then, on November 22nd, Jaime will be getting his ear tubes. At this point, I don't know if they will be doing any other scopes...there was some talk of that a few weeks ago, but last week we spoke about just getting the tubes in, I'll know more after our appointment tomorrow morning.
So, that's our big news...all of these appointments and the surgery will be done at The Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital. (Yes, that's right, Cincy friends, I'm actually letting another hospital system take Jaime to the OR...I'll be honest....it's a bit scary! ;)
Enjoy the slideshow from Halloween! :)

I'll update more as I know it!
Please keep Mr. Jaime in your thoughts and prayers as we get ready for yet another trip to the OR...yes, it's a minor procedure, but nothing's just "minor" when you have compromised lungs and a bleeding disorder!
Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely be keeping Jaime and all of you in my prayers!
    darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers. He will be a champ through it all!!! Thinking of you!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh- I posted a comment but got an error msg... hmm so I don't know if it posted. But I can repeat what I wrote :) There is nothing 'minor' about surgery- it's still a big deal and we will be praying for the best. Keep us posted!! and Jaime certainly doesn't do 'minor' he does things in a big way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss seeing an update! Hope all is going well and everyone is healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.