Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jaime's OR Day is Upon Us!






I called The Cleveland Clinic late this afternoon to find out what time Jaime's surgery is supposed to be tomorrow. I learned that we need to be there at 10:00 A.M., with his surgery being around noon. He will be getting ear tubes and a bronchial scope. They have reserved the OR for 2 hours! YIKES! I'm sooooo hoping it doesn't take 2 hours...I HATE waiting in the waiting room for that long! We'll see though! Colleen will be with me, so waiting won't be that bad...thanks, Col! :)
I'll update when I can...I don't know if Jaime will be staying or not...the goal is to send him home, but they have registered him as an admit!
I think he's feeling fine, but I'm not an anesthesiologist...tee, hee! I don't see why tomorrow won't be a "go."
Please say a little prayer for Jaime tonight/tomorrow...thanks!
Enjoy the pics we took tonight of my skinny minny! :)

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.