

I couldn't tell you how long it took because I was trying really hard not to worry and to do homework. Sometime just before 1, Jaime's Pulm. walked out to talk to me. He said that the only "surprise" was that Jaime's upper airway is 60% blocked. It's the way that it was developed, it's not a new problem or from swelling. He did have some swelling in his bronchials and some fluid in which they extracted for biopsy. The dr. said that he thinks they got a nice sample...so we'll see what it says. As for the blockage, Jaime's pulm. said that the biggest thing about this is that they will change his course of treatment when he's sick to be more aggressive with steroids, whether they be IV, oral or inhaled. He said that Jaime's stable, so he wouldn't recommend operating because surgery would be a trach...we're so NOT THERE! Having said all of this Jaime still has tracheomalacia, this was diagnosed in Cincy last May. I was so hoping that it would be gone by now, but no such luck. He gave me these pics...you can see the blockage in the very first one.(Sorry, Dad, I know you don't like these, but you know me, I just had to post them!)

After talking with Jaime's Pulm. I got buzzed back to PACU. I found Mr. Jaime gray, with 2 drs. and 2 nurses over him while giving him a stat breathing treatment. He didn't come out of anesthesia breathing all that well. They gave him stat breathing treatments, sedated him a little bit just to control his breathing and put the O2 mask on "blow by" which just means that they were blowing O2 near Jaime's face at a very high rate. After about an hour, he was resting comfortably.
Hence the following pics. They let me hold him once he was stable.



After yet another hour or so, Jaime woke up had some apple juice and was ready to go! :) Yep, they sent him HOME! :) Here are the pics of us getting ready to leave the hospital.


We are home, but man is Jaime clingy! He's doing awesome for the most part. He's still coughing, which the pulm. told us is to be expected as he had to put saline in his lungs to clean them. He's also very clumsy in the way of walking, due to the anesthesia. Jaime just started drinking Pediasure and eating about an hour ago. For the record, today's weight was 22lbs.4oz (dressed with a diaper), still way under the 23.1lbs that we were at a few weeks ago! :(
Speaking of food, my parents had dinner ordered for us from Vittorio's. It was delicious, as usual! Thanks, Mom and Dad, it was super nice not to have to worry about cooking after a long day! :)
OK, I'm off, Jaime's very high maintenance (in the way of making me hold him 24/7), so off I go, it's too hard to type with him jumping on me. I'm hoping for an "early" bedtime, but I don't know, he slept most of the day at the hospital and at home.
Thank you all for keeping Jaime in your thoughts and prayers today, they are much appreciated.
Good night, all!

Yeah Jaime! I am so glad it is done with and he did so well! What a trooper!
ReplyDeleteHope you get a good nights sleep!
darcy
Glad he did so well - little bumps there but nothing he couldn't get through. Airway concerns me - hoping with growth - ahum - Jaime start gaining some real weight! Just wish we were closer - I would have come to hold your hand through this all!
ReplyDeleteThe hospital seems to be so great for families though. That is a plus!
Glad it went as it did and he got to go home. Hope it is a fast recovery.
ReplyDelete