
After 2 1/2 days of throwing up medication, I decided to matters into my own hands. (I know, so unlike me! HA!) I called Jaime's pulm. back to let the NP know that Jaime was not taking his medication and that I felt if he needed to be on antibiotics, they had to be IV or IM (shot). She said to keep pushing him getting them orally. NOOOOOOOO!!!! She's not the one cleaning up his vomit watching him cry when he gags which I am CERTAIN hurts his throat even more. I had once asked ENT if they did shots, she said they did not. So, yesterday I called Jaime's pediatrician and spoke with her nurse. She said to bring Jaime in today and we could decide what would be best for him. So, I took Jaime this morning. He had to have 3 breathing treatments during the night from coughing and desatting...yes, he's back on the monitor at night. Actually I always put him on the monitor when he's sick...especially while he's on so much medication, too. Anyway, the pediatrician was pleased with how well his lungs sounded-persistent aerosols-but his throat is still bad. His tonsils are still swollen with white "blisters" on them full of pus...YUCK! So, after some discussion the ped. and I decided that a Penicillin shot was our best option. So, she went to get it, when she came back in, Jaime said "Hi..." then saw the shot and said "Nooooooo!" and hit the dr. Naughty, naughty baby! ;) I put him on his tummy on the table and she put the shot in his little tush! He screamed, and was crying "muh buut, muh buut." and rubbing his bottom. We all felt bad for him, but it's way better than him throwing up and hurting his throat more and it will last up to 20 days! Since he got the antibiotic shot and his lungs sounded good, we're going to give him a break from his steroids, too. We're going to start them back up on Saturday. This way, the "effects" of having his Pediasure taste bad from antibiotics may go away some. He's good about taking his steroids, just not in combination with antibiotics.
Today's weigh in was 24.5lbs. The dr. said he's looking chubby...and he is, but that's all steroid weight. I just hope he doesn't turn into a chunky little boy because of all the steroids. I will say that his right-sided tummy "bulge" looks smaller because his tummy is so pouchy. Then you get beneath that to his teeny tiny little waist and bottom. He's still wearing a size 2-3 diaper. He still his tiny limbs, too. It's all good because regardless of size, he's still so stinking cute if I do say so myself! :)
The only other "excitement" we'll have today is Jaime's respiratory therapist is supposed to come. He's going to bring a new pulse ox probe...as they only last a few months and the more you use them the quicker they go out. He's also going to bring a whole new aerosol set up. I didn't realize, but I guess you're supposed to change that stuff over every 6 months, too. I'm using the mask we got from the hospital a few months ago. He said he's going to bring over a new dinosaur mask...exciting! Yes, it's the little things that are exciting around here! Tee, hee!
That's all for now!
P.S. The picture was taken of Jaime yesterday with my cell phone, that's why it's not great quality. He does smile on que now and this was proof...Jaime smile...cheese! :)

oh no his poor butt!! :( However, I have to admit, I did giggle while reading.. it sounds cute but I know he was not happy! It sounds like when Jer and I had to FORCE Kayla to take in FLUIDS.. yea not meds, just something to drink! Again, like we were poisoning her! And so we eventually decided her well being needed an IV.. But I'm not kidding.. contact mystery diagnosis- It's not fun for him, and def not fun for u! U deserve a little break..! And Kayla is still in a size 3 diaper.. but so is her 5 month old sister... ha! Who by the way seems to be a little snug in the size three diaper! sooo Kayla is right where Jaime is weight wise.. And it will prob get worse bc I'm cutting her milk in a.m. and p.m. and just hoping she'll drink it w/ food.. hahahahhaha who am I kidding! Anyway- give Jaime kisses for me.. and tell him to straighten up and stop being sick! :)
ReplyDelete