Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Heart Cath Pic

I can't believe I forgot to share this. You know me and my pictures! This is a picture taken by Jaime's cardiologist during Jaime's heart cath. You can see his heart vessels because of the dye inserted during the cath. You'll notice that he has more blood flow going to his left lung rather than his right lung, this is very typical in CDH kids. (Of course it's more commonly seen reverse...more blood going to the right lung, rather than the left.) I'm just super fascinated by these OR pics...hence the reason I always ask the docs to take pics in the OR.




A quick update...I had to take Jared to the peds on Thursday for a random abdominal muscle bleed...don't ask...that boy and his hemophilia....anyway, we weighed Jaime...he was 24lbs 8oz on their scale. So, he's a yo-yo with weight. He was up to 26lbs at one point...not anymore. He's not eating good today, but such is life in CDH Land. I did take him outside for a few minutes, poor kid only lasts about 10 minutes before he starts having asthma issues. I wonder how our spring and summer will be with him and his asthma! Hmmm.....
Anyway, that's about all for now! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Spring is just around the corner! :)

P.S. Just another reminder to wear turquoise on March 31st to show your support for Jaime and all of his earthly and heavenly CDH Friends! We all thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.