Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Toys!!!

Last night Jared asked me if we could take his old Thomas the Train toys out of the attic, so this morning I did! They have provided HOURS of fun for BOTH of the boys! Of course, Jaime's favorite piece to play with is the Thomas the Train Emergency Room...guess it's the one he's most "familiar" with~ha! I hope you enjoy the slideshow of toys....I'm sure my parents and Tom's parents will be happy to see the boys enjoying these toys...(again for Jared and a first time for Jaime!) Oh and I've also included a few of Jared's recent Lego creations! For all of you locals, the Lego Store is coming to the Beachwood Mall, soon! Uh-Oh, we're all going to be in trouble! HA! They were hiring, I think I should put an app in for part-time! ;)


We still don't have final Cincy plans, yet, but we're preparing to leave just the same. Jaime's cath is scheduled for Thursday!!! Keep sending the positive thoughts our way! Thank you!

And don't forget to wear you turquoise and/or red for CDH/Hemophilia awareness month! I have turquoise nail polish on and have gotten a few compliments...it was the PERFECT opportunity (and an easy way) to share exactly WHY I had such a "wild" color on my nails! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of turquoise nail polish. Looks like I need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.