I put this on Facebook, too...in honor/memory of all CDH'ers, a special ornament...
Every Breath they take is our...

Now that my project's done and over with....I was able to spend time with my family! We put up our Christmas decorations. Of course, it wouldn't be us unless we had some drama! Tee, hee! Friday night, I put up these AMAZING solar lights in the front window...well, once fully "charged" one set was blueish white the other set was bright white...back to the store those went! Saturday afternoon, Tom and I put up the outdoor decorations during Jaime's nap...thanks, Mom and Dad for the lawn ornaments! :) We're still trying to decide if we should use a white, green or red spotlight. Last night we tried white...it was a bit bright for our tiny front yard, tonight red...it's nice and dim, but I have flashing blue and white snowflakes in the bay window, so I think it looks like a little police station, tee, hee! Tomorrow we'll try out the green! I'll let you know what we decide on...probably green, though!
White spot lights, a little too bright for our small house.

Last night, Tom brought up the tree and Christmas boxes. I pulled the tree out, put it together, plugged it in...only 1/3rd of the lights were on. It's a pre-lit tree. It's 7 years old, but still...so I tried to take the lights off...OMG, what a NIGHTMARE! I stopped that little project for the night. Fast forward to today...Jared and I made a trip to Target to try and find an inexpensive pre-lit tree that would fit in our little living room. Well, SUCCESS! Jared found a tall, pre-lit 7 1/2ft pine tree. The problem...the store was out of them. I asked if any other Target store in the area had them...NOPE! Jared said, "I'm thinking of a plan..." I said, "oh yeah." He said, "yep, let's just take this one." The awesome manager said..."what kind of car do you have?" SERIOUSLY? Then, he said he'd take an additional 30% off the tree that was already 20% off! 50% off of a pre-lit tree? HECK YEAH! So, in the cart it went...tag and all! :)
I brought it home, put the 3 parts together, plugged it in and tadaaaaa!
Oh Christmas Tree...

After the tree was decorated, we went to Panera. We were standing in line, Tom and Jared were eating the "sample" bread...next thing I know, Jared said his tooth hurt. A moment later he said, "Oh no, I think it's going to come out now." Yep, his tooth came out while standing in line of Panera! The funny thing about that...besides the story itself, is that the tooth Jared lost is the very tooth that just popped up in Jaime's mouth! Jaime's up to 9 teeth...Jared's down to 18! Tee, hee! :~D
My boys in their Christmas PJs.
(Rocket Santa & Skull Santa-age appropriate for each!;)
(Rocket Santa & Skull Santa-age appropriate for each!;)

Jaime is doing so well, he's post-op day 4. He's still coughing in the morning and at night mostly...and he's thrown up a few times...this is pretty normal for him, though. But all things considered, he did AMAZING with this surgery. And, I have a hunch that my baby can hear again! :) Some little boy is talking soooooo much! He has a few new words...and some old ones that are now clear. "Sure, NOOOOOO (that's how he says it), Mickey, Dumbo, "Ta" for Santa, Titi, shoe, "shock" for sock"...and he tries to repeat, but it's not very clear when he does that. It's so cool to hear him finally "talking."
As for eating...that's still a touch and go thing. Here's an example...today he ate a tiny amount of Life Cereal for breakfast, but for lunch he had some cheese (he LOVES cheese...thanks, Beth for the idea, if you didn't give Katie some, I would have never tried it with Jaime), and 2 1/2 mini corn dog bites. For dinner he had 12 Panera Mac & Cheese shells and some water in a cup with a straw. Yesterday, he didn't eat lunch, but had 3 mini pancakes for breakfast and 1 puree pouch, 1 baby carrot, 2 handfuls of cheese, and 2 pineapple chunks for dinner. Of course, everything still needs to be "minced" for him to tolerate it, which is so time consuming to cut up for him, but hey, if he'll eat, I'll do anything for him! :) Our biggest hope with him eating is that he'll keep it down. Last night, he ate awesome, but threw up in bed...pretty much like he always does. :( Getting calories in the boy is still an issue, one that will be discussed in Cincinnati at the end of the month and at the airway clinic in January.
Speaking of the little Monkey, he's coughing/gagging as I type...my cue to get the "bucket."
Good night, all!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.