Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life Support....REALLY?!?

Not my child! Seriously there are some days I look at this little monkey and can not believe that he once was on life support, he didn't really do time in the NICU...did he?!? ;) Soooooo much has changed in nearly two years! While he still has his issues: respiratory, GI and growth, he never ceases to amaze me! Jaime has been feeling good the last couple of days...he's still wheezing and gets out of breath pretty quickly, and threw up this morning from saliva going down the wrong pipe (ewe,I know), but really, he's doing as well as to be expected....so well that he got to do this for the first time EVER! (I'm sorry for duplicating some of these for all of you Facebook friends, but I just HAD to share these photos with all of you!)
First time in a real snowsuit!
(It was Jared's 1st snowsuit and it's a size 12 months. Jared wore it at 6 mos. Jaime...21 1/2 months! Look Grammy it fits! :)
Jaime's thinking..."RALPHIE!!!!"
First time out in the snow! Physically touching it with his feet.
(We usually carry him in and out of places)
Trying to walk in the snow..and LOVING it!
First sled ride...WHEEEEE! :)
Prancing down the driveway!
Like I said, what life support? HA! As you can tell, Jaime enjoyed his 10-15 minutes outdoors today. It was in the 30's, so it wasn't super cold. In fact I was out just wearing my UH fleece. Jaime does like being outside, but hasn't been since probably October. He loved getting stuck in the snow when he tried to walk in the grass. It really was too deep for him, so I'd pick him up and put him back on the driveway...every time I did that, he'd start to cry or "yell" at me! HA! I wish I could let him play outside everyday seeing how much he enjoyed it, but it's simply not safe. All four of us were outside today. Jared was playing with our neighbor's son and running between the yards! They were outside for about an hour and a half...and neither was cold! We all had lots of fun!
The "big boys" playing. Jared's in the blue with his friend's snowball making shooter!
I'll end this with just one more picture...this is a picture of Jared and Jaime enjoying the completely emptied spare bedroom.
Jared was tossing paper air planes and Jaime was riding on his bumper car from Titi!
The boys love this space so much that it's official...it's going to be a playroom when all is said and done. So far the plumbing repairs have been made and the ceiling is done, the walls are due to get done next week...Jared wants them to be green! We're getting there! :)
Anyway, I just wanted to share some new photos...it's nice to see such a sick little guy having so much fun! And yes, I still can not believe that it was MY CHILD who once was on life support! Take that, CDH! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Amazing, isn't it? I had to point out to Noah that he had Thomas boots! Then Noah said, "I'm not into Thomas anymore!" Ah!

    Hoping for less illness through the winter - and that room - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After speding a few hours with Jaime on Saturday, and enjoying his hugs, I must admit he's really a cutie! Majken and I laugh at his funny looks, try to get him to talk, and look at pictures from his "Potty Book" - but most of all its the great big hugs that touch our heats. Clearly Jaime is here and has touched our hearts - in many ways he's part of many lives and a blessing no matter what medical challange may be slowing his development. Thank God, Sheryl, you never gave-up on Jaime or your family. The four of you are an inspiration. Our love, Dale and Majken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at him WALKING in the snow! Wow... he has come a very long way! May God continue to bless Jaime and your family. You are all very special.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.