As many of you know, I graduated on Sunday with my Bachelor's of Science in Human Resource Management. What you may not know is that I went back to school in 2006. I was set to graduate in 2009, but with all that went on with Jaime, I had to limit my class load. Last semester I took 3 extremely hard and time consuming classes simply to be a 2010 graduate! With lots of blood, sweat and tears, I'm happy to say that I, along with 368 other students, walked to receive our degrees on Sunday. My graduation was at the Veteran's Memorial in Columbus, Ohio. The college I've been attending and graduated from was Franklin University, also located in Columbus, Ohio. This was the perfect venue because my sister lives there. She and her boyfriend, Michael threw me a wonderful (and delicious) graduation party. My parents flew in from Maryland, my in-laws drove in from Indiana and my brother and his family came down from Cleveland, too. It was truly a day to remember!
Here are a few of the pics that were taken that day. Thank you to everyone for you love and support...I'm not sure I could have done it without all of you. Also, a special thank you to my family for coming and supporting me...and for the great gifts and cards that you gave me, too! Thank you to my friends for the well wishes, gifts and cards, too...it's nice to have people like you in my life!
Now that I'm done, you'd think that I'd be seeking a job in HR, well, if the right one with the right hours came along, sure, I'm READY for it, but if not, I'm perfectly content with my position as the Bariatric Patient Care Coordinator at UH. I hope you enjoy the mini slideshow that I've created!
Since this blog is really Jaime's, I'll let you know that overall, he's doing well. He seems to be responding nicely to his new asthma inhaler and here's the big news...we're aloud to SLOWLY give him some whole milk. He's not a fan of it, but if we mix it with Pediasure, he's good to go. Speaking of "going" the milk also makes him do that. Most would think it's a bad thing, but I'm OK with it for now because the more he goes the better he eats. So, we'll give it to him in moderation...it sure beats having to medicate him to go! The other thing that we learned is that Jaime's weight is about 5% and his height is 20%, but his weight to length dropped from 3% to 1%...hmmmm, if only I could stretch that boy out! HA!
As for his swallow eval, he did fine yesterday, at least that's what the speech therapist said. I don't have an official report, though. The last bit of Jaime news is that he's due for his infamous synagis shots this week...good times!
Well my friends, I think I'm going to turn in, I'm not feeling all that great. It was a very long drive home from work (over and hour and a half) and I have the chills...so hoping it's simply because it's cold out and that I'm not coming down with something! This mommy can't be sick! Good night, all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.