Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

11 Months Old! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Yesterday, Jaime turned 11 months old! I still can't believe it! To look at him, he seems so small, but to WATCH him...man, he's definitely 11 mos. old cognitively! The other day I posted on Face Book that I had to take our baby swing down because Jaime is now refusing to sit in it. We still use the seat to feed him (it's a 3 in 1 swing, feeding chair and rocker). Having said that....he just started table walking and finger walking. He loves it! I think because it's the only thing he can do to get to where he wants to go. Even Jaime's OT was practicing with him yesterday.
Meeka (OT) & Jaime
Jaime shaking his bottom!

11 month old stats:
17.05lbs, he gained 1.01 lbs since last month.
Almost 28 inches long, he grew a "smidge" since last month.

Things he does: Sits, crawls backwards, claps, stands, table and finger walks, he loves to hit Jared or pull his hair...and does every chance he gets. He likes to play "drums" with his toy buckets, he's super ticklish and giggles often. He babbles all of the time. No new "words" still, Dada, Dah-did (Jared), Mama, aboo (bottle), uh-uh (no), and yes or no head shakes. He does on occasion wave, too. Oh and he's totally in to sticking out his tongue. His favorite toy at the moment is his walker and his favorite character is Elmo. (Hence, the Elmo themed birthday party!) He likes to watch TV, in particular, the commercials...his favorite, Wendy's and AT&T commercials...why? Who knows, but don't you dare turn off the TV during them, he'll cry! HA!

Jared tormenting Jaime with the fiber-optic headband.
See he does cry...
But only for a minute...this picture was taken literally a min. later!
Playing the "drums."
Sweet, sleepy baby!
Feeding is still slow going as I imagine it will be for a while. He likes his stage 2 organic baby food, or purees that I make for him and he still eats his puffs, but that's about it. He has figured out how to "spill" his bottles or squirt them all over the place, so I'm in the market for new bottles. (Jared was off of the bottle by this time, so I don't really know what would be good for an older baby....anybody have suggestions, Jaime doesn't do well with cups yet?) We've been using those Platex Bottle bags, which I LOVE, but like I said, it's time to move on to something different.

Jaime is still receiving PT, OT and SP several times a week. Yesterday, he got his last Synagis shots of the season...unless the government approves April shots. I guess they have about 10 more days to decide. We're not sure if he'll get them again next season, but given his medical history, on top of being a preemie, the Synagis nurse said that he probably would be getting them again. He did much better with his shots yesterday, as we put him on the O2 prior to the shots. He turned a little blue in the face, but not entirely purple, like last month.
He has been a bit crabby lately and more restless at night than normal. He even had a fever 2 days this week. I did take him to the drs. she said it's because of his teeth. His gums are really swollen and red. I'm hoping his top teeth pop through soon...I'm tired! ;)
Tired Jaime with a fever!
As for St. Patrick's Day, I heard a rumor that my boys have a Bit O' Irish in them, so they are both wearing green, Jared made some pretzel shamrocks (a recipe he learned in cooking class) and I've got the corned beef cooking in the crock pot! I'm a bit sad though because my Grandma M. used to make my family and I corned beef dinner in March. This is my first time making it, as she has done it for years! We miss her! I hope my dinner is as good as hers always was!
Jared's shamrock pretzels!
Before I go, I just wanted to wish my Mom, Tom's Grandma, Mildred and Denny all speedy recoveries on their recent surgeries...and my Dad who's due to have back surgery next week! (Guess it's surgery month in the fam!) So far everyone seems to be doing well....just don't over do it guys...especially, you, Mom!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics!! :) Glad all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are super cute! Love the picture of Jamie cruising along the furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.