








The last few days have been really nice, so when we weren't stuck inside with the therapists, we were outside playing! Living in Cleveland, the motto is, wait a few minutes the weather will change...and change it did! Brrrr! We're back to rain and temps in the 30's. BOOOOOOOO!!!! :(
Not much to tell about Jaime, other than he's still having feeding issues. He'll chew anything you give him, he just refuses to swallow it and gags on it if it's not a smooth puree. He's been on Stage 2 baby food for months, with no end in site. He'll eat puffs, but even gags on those from time to time. We tried Cheerios, he loved to chew them, again, refused to swallow, he gags instead. So, I find myself scooping things out of his mouth often. I know that sounds weird, but if we don't at least "try" foods/textures, we'll never really know what he tolerates. He does like his Yo Baby Yogurt, and just about all of the Stage 2's, except for anything green, unless it's spinach. I am pleased to say that for the first time, Jaime actually finished a jar of baby food with his speech therapist on Wednesday. It hasn't happened since, but hey, it's a start. We usually end up feeding him about a half a jar. She gave me suggestions on different tastes/textures to try, so far he's gagged on everything! :( It's a process, that's for sure!
He'll be 11 months in just 3 days! Still can't believe that ONE is just around the corner! It was one year ago today that I had my first amnio reduction and went into preterm labor. It's the very day that all of the craziness started...bleeding and detached placenta, elevated D-Dimer, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure, Indocin, 2 admits to L&D, 100% bed rest from bed rest with privileges. All to keep Mr. Jaime in place for just a few more weeks! So worth all of the craziness, that's for sure!
Enjoy all of the pics! I couldn't pick just one, so I put them all up! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.