He's still not walking...doesn't even want to try, but he's crawling and climbing everywhere! He's talking more...his new word this week is "hop-cop" for helicopter...hmmmm, wonder who taught him that?!? :)
His eating...well, he continues to keep us guessing. For days, he's been "licking" his spoon instead of eating off of it. So, yesterday, I bought him two new Gerber Graduate products. One was freeze dried apples that dissolve like the Gerber puffs. He did AWESOME with those. I have to give them to him 2 or 3 at a time because otherwise he'll shove them all in his mouth and get overwhelmed. Now the other food I bought...literally just to see what he'd do was chicken and carrot toddler raviolis. I cut them up into small pieces, put them on his tray and ate my dinner. Next thing I knew, he had eaten a half dozen of them without incident! :) He REALLY liked them. Now, that was only about 1/4 of the container, so I saved them for dinner tonight. Same thing as last night, I cut up 6 of them he gobbled them up. He also ate a few cut up pieces of fruit cocktail. I don't know what this means, I'd LOVE to get excited that we've actually had a feeding breakthrough, but this IS Jaime and I know that in a few more feeds, he'll be back to gagging and throwing up. I am slowly introducing "real" food to him, I just wonder if the whole spoon-licking thing is because he's "over" baby food texture. Hmmm....his speech therapist thinks it's all behavioral and simply a control issue! Perhaps? Either way the last 2 days of feeding have been GREAT! :)
Jaime testing his raviolis.
Jared showing off his homemade pasta salad...right down to the salad dressing!We had BLT's last night for dinner at Jared's request, too! :)
Jaime had a very busy weekend. Jared turned 7 on Monday, so we celebrated his birthday on Sunday. You can check out pics on Jared's blog-Jared's World, you can find it on the side of Jaime's blog!Also, Tom's Mom & Dad celebrated their 45th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday and Tom will be celebrating his 40th birthday this coming Friday! His band, Abby Normal and the Detroit Lean will be playing at the Willoughby Brewing Company on Friday night if anyone's interested in going to listen to the band and wishing Tom a happy birthday!
Until next time! :)


aww go Jaime, know what you mean that from 1 day to the next is different, just when you think you'r getting somewhere, they start refusing things and gagging at everything etc, Lewis is the same, it's so frustrating, you think you found something they like so go buy a truckload only for it to be refused from then on lol Jaime is such a beautiful wee boy xxx Happy 14 months xx
ReplyDeleteHayley xx