Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

35th Birthday!

In spite of waking up with a nasty cold, the boys made sure I had a really nice birthday. From gifts and cards in the morning, to a mani/pedi in the afternoon courtesy of my sister to dinner at Austin's Steak House followed by dessert-a homemade "Orange Glow" cake baked by Tom. My brother and his family came over for cake and ice cream, the kids had a great time playing with their glow sticks and sparklers!
Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes, cards and presents! Sure beats my birthday last year...when 95% of it was spent in the NICU holding Jaime who had a feeding tube and high flow O2. Though I have to say, Carter's mom, Carrie made sure to make it special for me last year! Carrie, I LOVED the cupcakes and company last year, but I was so grateful not to have to eat in the hospital cafeteria this year! ;)

The boys and I last year!

The boys and I this year! :)
Silly Jaime!
Sophia!
Jared & Connor
Glow stick fun!
Sparkler fun!
Homemade Orange-Glow Cake!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a great day! Feel better soon!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
    RCDH survivor

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.