I took Jaime to the Pulmonologist today. It's funny, if someone would have told me a year ago that I'd be able to effectively navigate around The Cleveland Clinic main campus, I would have told them they were crazy! Well, here I am, knowing what building is which...and being able to go there all by myself. A few years ago I had to have some special hematology tests done there and I made Tom take me because the thought of going to that campus alone was overwhelming...not anymore...I'm getting to be quite the old pro! Unfortunately, University Circle and Cleveland are now frequented areas by me (and Jaime)...a far cry from the days where my father drove me to The Cleveland Institute of Music for lessons, even though I could drive...remember those days, Dad?!?
Anyway, we went down there late this morning. We rode the elevator up to the 12th floor to visit our favorite pulmonologist. Jaime just adores him! He checked Jaime out saying the he was impressed with how his lungs sounded considering his x-ray didn't look great. He was pleased with how well Jaime is handling this illness overall. He's still a happy-go-lucky little boy!
Jaime's x-ray showed streaking in both lungs, indicating an infection. The Pulm said that being on the antibiotics and steroids really helped the infection from going into a full blown pneumonia. The other area of concern was that both lungs have been affected by this infection. Jaime's pulm. is confident that continuing the antibiotics and aerosols (6 treatments a day of 2 different types of medication) that Jaime's little lungs will be on the mend. So, that's the plan! We'll be following up with him in 2 weeks...sooner if Jaime doesn't get better. We will also be back at the ENT's office on Tuesday since we'll be off of antibiotics by then. Jaime's ears are still bad according to his pulm. today...not that I expected them to get better overnight, but one can always dream! ;)
That's about all for the update, I must get back to doing homework! I left the house to get some work done uninterrupted (not to mention, getting it done at a reasonable hour, meaning doing it before midnight!)
Before I go, please keep Baby Ava in your thoughts and prayers, she is due on Friday and her parents recently found out that she will be born with CDH. We all know this is a horrible, devastating birth defect, I'm sure her parents would appreciate any positive thoughts coming their way. She will be born in Texas, where our dear friends, Stephanie and Shawn, delivered their twins last year. Thank you!

wow! you are one strong mommy!! hang in there!! Jamie will get better, he is a strong little boy! cute too! :)
ReplyDelete