
Tom, Jared and I spent the morning shopping for a new special toy for Jared because after 5 1/2 yrs, he FINALLY stopped wetting the bed at night (he made it 30 nights in a row dry).
After buying some McQueen toys, we went about our errands until my 4:15 routine 2nd trimester ultra sound.
This day would turn into one that we would never forget (much like December 24th, 2006, when we found out that Jared was a hemophiliac).
After almost an hour of scanning me, the ultra sound tech said that we had to wait for the doctor to come in. I have never had this happen before, so I immediately knew something was wrong, I just didn't know what, Jaime looked so perfect on the monitor. Dr. Judge, whom we knew from when I was pregnant with Jared, came in and rescanned me. She told me that the baby had a lethal diagnosis called Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Jared was taken out of the room and the diagnosis was explained to us. This meant that Jaime had a large hole in the right side of his diaphragm allowing his abdominal organs to herniate into his chest.
We were told that we'd need an amnio right away to see if there were any chromosomal defects with the baby. Dr. Judge said she'd set things up for the end of the week!
After being there for 2 1/5 hrs, we left with this horrible news. We came home and did research on it! We couldn't believe that our baby had such a thing because everything to-date had been so good. Not to mention, we have never heard of such a thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.