Amniocentesis day! Grammy took care of Jared while Tom and I went off to get my amniocentesis. Dr. Corteville performed the procedure and very quickly, I might add! (It was kind of gross & a little painful). She was testing to see if Jaime had any other chromosomal defects. If he did we were told that we would have to terminate the pregnancy. (I am 21wks. pregnant). She also saved cells from the amnio to test Jaime for hemophilia...yep, that's a whole separate issue that may complicate things. Jared had genetic testing the day before Thanksgiving, the same day Tom had knee surgery. Jared's hemophilia DNA results aren't due back in until February 9th, 2009, so Jaime's cells can not be tested until then. Jaime, like Jared has a 50% chance of being a hemophiliac. We hope not as this will limit treatment on him if we carry him full term.
As a side note, Dr. Corteville took some great pics of Jaime sucking his thumb, too cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.