Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30th, 2009

It's confirmed, we're going to Michigan on Wednesday March 25th in the evening, our first appointment will be Thursday at 8:00 A.M. on March 26th with our final meeting being at 2:00 P.M. (We'll be back to Cleveland after that.)

Anyone interested in staying with Jared on March 25th? We'd rather not bring him along if we can help it! Thanks!

Work update: I have 2 interviews next week (one on Tues., the other on Wed.)both are 1st shift weekend positions at UH main campus, perfect before and after delivery, especially if we get to bring Jaime home and he needs additional care here.

P.S. Our leaky roof has just about stopped. Not sure how we're going to repair it yet because it's in a very strange spot, but none the less, it's no longer dripping! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I am up for hanging out with Jared in March. Does he want his Titi to come and spend the night? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Titi, it's up to you! I just didn't want to assume you'd be up for another round of baby-sitting! Jared will be thrilled! (He'll be at school on Thurs, too, so you'll get a bit of a break from him!!!) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,

    One of our members found your blog and I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a CDH mom and I'm also President of CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support. However we can help, please let me know!!!!

    Our site (free) - http://www.cdhsupport.org

    Forums to talk to 100's of other CDH families - http://www.cdhsupport.org/members

    Our Michigan State Rep is Barbara Wagner - bwagner@cherubs-cdh.org

    Please call or e-mail any time if you have questions or need to talk! I'm forwarding your blog to Barb and I'm sure she'll be in touch too.

    You're in my prayers - please know we're all here for you!

    Dawn Williamson
    dawn.williamson@cherubs-cdh.org
    919-610-0129

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.