Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Room!

So tonight, Tom and I moved Jaime into Jared's room. Jared's been wanting to share his room with Jaime since I was pregnant with him. Even though Jaime is a terrible sleeper, Jared is a pretty heavy one, so I'm really hoping it works out! We put some of his things in there tonight (you know the important things...O2, monitor, diapers, etc) and moved Jared's stuff to the other side of the room.
We still have a wooden train, that my parents had made for Jaime to hang on his side of the room, but that's about it! Jaime was asleep when Tom brought him up to his crib, but quickly woke up confused. He seemed a bit scared, but I think he will like it eventually! :)

Here's a quick photo I took of the two boys sleeping in the same room!


Hoping for a good night for all!

2 comments:

  1. that is so sweet that Jared wants to share his room. He is such a good big brother.

    thanks for keeping my little guy in your prayers

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and caring big brother!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.