Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Another CDH Angel

After 26 days of fighting, Julia, right-sided CDH'er, passed away this morning. It is with great sadness that I share the news of yet another baby's life taken too soon by this horrible birth defect. Julia was cared for in Cincinnati by the same doctors who took care of Jaime. I have no doubt in my mind that they did all that they could to save this precious little angel. Unfortunately, her lungs weren't strong enough. It is just so incredibly sad, hearing of the loss of another CDH'er is like losing a family member, as we are all forever connected by this horrible birth defect. I am at a total loss for words! I still can not believe that a hole in one's body can do so much damage and take an innocent life! It's just not fair! I hope and pray that one day they find a cause and a cure for this awful birth defect!
Please keep Julia's parents and siblings in your thoughts and prayers as they are going through this difficult time and trying to make sense of it all.

Also, please keep my friend, Kathy in your thoughts and prayers, too, she was just admitted to the hospital for blood clots in both of her lungs and the doctors found that her right lung is significantly damaged. I know that she would appreciate any positive thoughts you can send her way.

Finally, please keep Tom's Grandma in your prayers, as has been ill and in and out of the hospital. She is currently resting in a Skilled Nursing Facility in Florida, after having a Peg Tube and Picc line placed. We pray for her to have daily peace and comfort.

I know this isn't my usual "upbeat" post, but I can not end this without sharing some "happy" news with you all.
We'd all like to wish, Jaime's nurse, and my dear friend, Dale, a very happy 60th birthday! We hope that you had a wonderful day! :) We love you and thank you for everything you do for our family!
We'd also like to wish my brother and his wife a very happy 8th wedding anniversary! Scott and Jess got married the same year that Tom and I and my cousin and his wife did...2002 was quite a summer for the "Buttari Family." Hope you had a nice day...it was fun to see you guys tonight...Jared had a BLAST with the kids...and yes, he still wants to move in...soap or no soap...and "hand tastes" or not! HA! Still cracking up over Connor!

Thank you for keeping my friends and family in your thoughts and prayers, I know they all really appreciate it!

Good night, all!

6 comments:

  1. Keeping them all in my prayers.

    Every time another innocent baby/child looses their battle against the horrible terrible no good birth defect we all know has CDH breaks my heart. I could only imagine the heartache her family is going through. It's just so not fair.

    Amber

    Does Julia's family have a blog or care page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad to read of another CDH angel, there was so many of them while i was pregnant with Lewis i thought he'd grow wings too, it's just heartbreaking and unfair. *fly high little Julia*

    thinking of your friend also

    Happy anniversary Scott and Jess

    and Happy Birthday Dale

    Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The losses of these precious babies continue to break my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew there was such sadness in the world until I learned about CDH. I am praying for Julia's family! Also many prayers for your friend and Tom's Grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tragic to hear about the loss of another innocent baby born with CDH. I certainly hope and pray the medical community figures out what causes this birth defect or how to fix it in the womb. Just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All, this is Julia's mommy. I just read this blog and once again, I am so touched by the kindness of others. I wish with all my heart that my precious baby was still here, fighting for her life. And we struggle every day to accept that she is not. But I do have to say that Cincinnati Children's, Dr. Lim, and all the wonderful nurses did all they could to save her. She was here for 3 weeks and 3 days and although heartbreaking days they were, those days were also glorious days I will never forget. -Julianne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.