This is one of my favorite pics of Jaime, he is post-op and his body is "normal" for the first time! And, yep, those are the same Winnie the Pooh socks he wore in his first birthday pics! :)

OK on to today...I spent most of the day putting off finishing my final paper of the semester...Baxter Corporation and Pepsi Co. merged...talk about an interesting report! During my procrastination time, I decided to go through and clean Jaime's toys! As you can see it was quite a project!



Jaime enjoyed seeing all of his toys spread out at one time...Jared enjoyed jumping in and out of the storage ottoman! Once I was done cleaning and sorting the toys, I rearranged my living room...again! I do it at least once a month! Thanks, Mom for instilling that idea in my head! Seriously, I blame my mother for the need to rearrange...we used to do it all of the time growing up! :)
Speaking of Mom's....I wish my Mom, Mother-in-law, Tom's Grandma, my sister-in-laws, aunts, cousins and friends a wonderful Mother's Day! We were going to go to my brother's restaurant for brunch, but that little darling of mine has been throwing up a lot lately. He's not sick, it's mostly related to his gag reflex and reflux. Not to mention, I think it may snow here! Truly, it is THAT cold here! Damp, cold and windy...not good weather to be taking Jaime out and about!
He is OK for the most part. He ate really well for dinner tonight. He had a teaspoon of mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato puffs, yogurt melts and he drank 1/4 of a toddler juice box. Last night he ate nearly a whole Yo Baby Yogurt, but other than that...no too much in the way of eating!
As for gross motor skills...well, Mr. Jaime still isn't walking. I'm OK with it for now, however his therapists are starting to get concerned. Not because he's delayed with this skill, but because he "walks" on his toes, pushes his tummy forward with a concave back, has tightened hamstrings, weak joints and has no real sense of his feet and weight shifting. They are talking about us getting braces for his legs. Nothing is official yet...we're just starting to have the conversation. Normal toddlers walk between 12-15 mos, with his adjusted age being 11 mos. old, he's not behind in that skill by any means. There is just lots of concern with his form and with his joints...being a hemophiliac, he can get joint bleeds from weak joints. Joint bleeds can actually cause permanent damage to the joint, so we're doing our best to be proactive and avoid that at all cost!
The therapists have given us a list of things to buy to help him...a stationary Jumparoo, a Vtech Sit to Stand walker and a blow up trampoline with ball pit. All will work on balance, strengthening and vestibular stimulation. We also brought his baby swing back up, he's not a huge fan of it...I think it makes him sleepy and we all know Jaime is not a fan of sleep!
Speaking of...he still wakes up more than I prefer (2-4 times a night), but the Melatonin helps him fall asleep fast. I think I'm just getting used to waking up. The good thing is...I no longer have a clock on my side of the bed to stare at all night when I can't get back to sleep. I wake up with Jaime...go through the motions...and fall right back to sleep! I couldn't always say that! :)
Well, that's about all, again a Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's in my life!
Good night, All!
P.S. YES, I DID finish my report on the fictitious merging of Baxter and Pepsi! I'm officially done with classes...that is until May 17th when I start my first 12 week classes...up until now, all of my classes have been 6wks long. I have Finance and Accounting...I'm less than thrilled about this combo, but it must be done. Graduation Fall 2010...here I come! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.