Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

2-12-09

Good Morning All,

It's was quite an eventful night last night with all of the wind and rain around here. Cleveland reported wind gusts at 67mph. There are 40,000 people without power...not us thankfully. There are many schools closed and Llyod Rd. here in Wickliffe is closed. We just managed to lose our garbage cans and we have debris and branches all over the yard. (I imagine most people in town are in the same boat.)

Tom and I had a little scared visitor in our room all night. Having said that, I slept for a total of 3 hours. Not so much because of the noise (and it was noisy) or the 5yr. old, but because of my horrible back and left leg pain. I know that it's my sciatic nerve and that the dr. probably will say there's nothing she can do, but I'm going to call her anyway today. I am having trouble putting weight on my left side. I truly feel for people who have chronic back pain, the nice thing about my pain, is that I know it will go away after delivery.

As for upcoming events...tomorrow I have an ultra sound. My parents are coming to town tonight, my father is going to hang out with Jared while my mom comes with me. Hopefully, we won't hear any new news (unless it's good...) and I'll have some photos to upload tomorrow, too.

Have a nice day!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.