Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2-3-09

Hi,
Today I had a "routine" appointment with Dr. Varyani (my OB). Jaime's heart rate was in the 140's which is good and he's moving around like crazy. Every now again you can actually see my stomach "jump." I'm measuring really well for 6 months and everything else seems to be as normal as it can be!
I will be going back in 2 weeks to have the infamous routine gestational diabetes testing and I will also be having an ultra sound with Dr. Corteville (High-risk, OB).

Jared on the other hand, had an absolute fit when he got his IV today. It was the worst I have seen him in a very long time! We're not sure why. Dale was only able to give him half of his Factor before he wiggled the IV and the vein was lost. (ARGH!)
He is supposed to ice skate tonight, but I'm not sure I'm going to let him go...I'd be much happier if he had ALL of his Factor in him instead of about half! Hmmm....

That's the latest scoop from Wickliffe!
Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that we are praying for your family! CDH is definitely a rollercoaster ride but you will have tons of people right by your side walking each step with you.

    If you need anything please let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.