President's Day!
We started our day down at Rainbow's with Jared, he met with Dr. Leigh. We're trying to come up with easier ways to receive IVs at home. She suggested getting a timer and letting Jared set it for 60 seconds, his goal would be to settle down and have the IV inserted before the timer goes off. Jared told her this was never going to work, but we got one anyway...it's worth a shot!
We came home from the hospital to find the roofer here to install our ice guard. The roof looks a bit odd since the tiles are worn above where the roofer fixed, but if the roof never leaks again, we'll be thrilled!
I faxed my ultra sound results to Cincinnati and Michigan this morning. Michigan called me back after reviewing them saying that they don't think that Jaime has Fryns Syndrome. It has been confirmed that I do have a lot of amniotic fluid...it's actually over 25, which is off the charts. (That explains my big tummy!) Michigan said that I may end up on bed rest and that I may have to come up earlier for delivery (if we choose them) because I'd probably have a pre-term baby, more like around 36 wks. instead of 39 wks.
We'll see how things pan out...at this point all we can do is hope for the best! We'll know more after our appointment up there on Thursday. My mother is going to stay a few extra days in Cleveland to watch Jared for us while we're in Michigan!
Next on my schedule today was a "hot date" with my father. We had nice lunch at Damons...MMMMM....
Then, on to my Physical Therapy appointment with Dr. Liezman. He gave me a back brace and is setting me up for P.T. 3 times a week for 3 wks. He's going to monitor me throughout the rest of my pregnancy. I go back to him in 2wks. for a follow up. He is located in the exact same office as my OB, so when I have to go to her, I'll see him, too. It couldn't be any more convenient! :-)
Next it was time for Jared's piano lesson! He's doing well and is learning to cross his hands while playing.
So, it was a busy day, now Jared and I are home relaxing...he's playing Legos and watching Disney. Tom's still teaching at Motter's.
I have an OB appointment with Dr. Varyani tomorrow, so I'll post more then!
I'm signing off for the night!
Love,
Sheryl

That is some positive news that Michigan doesn't think Jaime has Fryns. Do stay on top of your amniotic fluid levels, for it can send you into preterm labor and you do want to be close to a good children's hospital when Jaime decides it is time!! Many prayers that your son continues to stay put until 36 weeks or longer and he continues to get stronger with each passing day. Hope your OB appointment goes well today.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS