Hi Family and Friends,
Today was another rough day of getting Factor for Jared. Dr. Leigh and Jared's nurses at the HTC, Steve and Jan, have decided to teach me how to give Jared his IV's. I'm a little nervous about it, but Jared keeps asking me and them if I can do it. Leigh thinks it might be a way for Jared to have something "special" to do with me because we've been a bit pre-occupied with Jaime these days. We'll see. Jared's thrilled about the idea. He said that I can put the needle in, give his medicine, then he'll flush the IV and take it out when it's time and I can tape the gauze on it! What a perfect plan...if only we lived in a perfect world! :-)
I had another interview today, it was with an old boss of mine. She seemed excited to have me "interested" in one of her positions. She's in the process of rebuilding her staff and hours, she asked me what I would want to work. I told her I'd be willing to take 1st shift weekend hours and I could pick up any open shifts as I'd like. She said she'd get back to me next week. (She had a death in the family and is going to be out the rest of the week.) I do have another interview tomorrow, that one is not a weekend position, but we'll see how it goes. I think one way or another, I will soon have a position back at UH...at least for 3 months anyway!
(Yes, the girls are fully aware that I am pregnant, too, they just don't know that the baby is sick.)
Speaking of the baby, Cincinnati's final results were mailed to us today. They have categorized Jaime in the "moderate" category. The letter stated that they deliver 10 right-sided CDH babies a year, about 30 CDH babies in total. It also stated how Jaime seems to be in perfect health otherwise and that they didn't foresee any additional complications besides those associated with CDH. That's a relief for us! We're just hoping that after a few months of aggressive care, we can bring Jaime home to Cleveland for all of you to meet!
Time for Jared's piano lessons!
More later....
Sheryl

well, the good news, Jared may just be a doctor when he grows up! he is certainly braver than anyone i know! give him a big "titi hug" from me.
ReplyDelete