Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

2-12-09-Update

Hello Again,

I called my OB (Dr. Varyani) and told her about the back pain getting worse instead of better, she said it's been hurting too long, so it's time to go to a physical therapist. There is a Dr. Leizman whom she shares one of her offices with that specifically deals with P.T. for pregnant women. My first appointment with him will be on Monday at 2:30. (Yea, some relief is hopefully on the way!)

In other news...our friend's, Colleen and Ed have offered to watch Jared tonight so that Tom and I can have a much needed night out! I'll let you know tomorrow where we end up!

Dale is coming after Jared gets home from school to give him his IV, he's also going to show me how to give an IV by practicing on Tom! He has really good veins, so I'm hoping it will be easy. I guess, dinner tonight will depend on how much I hurt Tom! LOL!

OK, I'm off for now, my aunt is coming for her flute lesson soon!

I'll post more tomorrow after my ultra sound!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.