Hello!
Today I met with Genetics regarding Jared's hemophilia tests. If you know anything about DNA, you'll know that we have 4 chemical structures that make up our DNA: Guanine (G), Cytosine (C), Adenine (A) and Thymine (T). Usually, the G & C's go together and the A & T's go together. Jared's G's are changed to A's, creating the ability for Factor VIII (hemophilia) to exist. This is what all affected family members (hemophiliacs and carriers) have. I have a detailed report that I will be sending to extended family. Jaime's hemophilia tests should be in by the end of the month!
Jared met with "Dr. Leigh" today. He told her he hates his IV's and doesn't want them anymore, but that they didn't hurt. She was trying to teach him the "right" things to do when getting IV's. Jared's nurse peeked in on him, too. He had a minor fall by the front door today, it was wet because he kept walking in and out when waiting for his bus. He does have a bit of a bruise on his chin and lip. All and all he's just fine!
I had an interview today. It was a bit of a waste of time. The DR. I met with only allows full time employees to have benefits and he's not willing to pay what I need to work. I have two more interviews, one on Monday at 1:00 (UH main campus)and the other Tuesday at 10:00 (UH Chagrin Highlands). It sounds like the Tuesday manager is more flexible in hours, so I'm looking forward to that one versus the one at main campus.
As for Mr. Jaime...he's wiggling more and more each day (and I'm definitely looking pregnant these days). I have an ultra sound on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 9:45 A.M. with Dr. Corteville. Even though the baby has issues, it's always exciting to see him! I'm hoping that she takes a cute HD image of him this time!
That's about all from Wickliffe!
As always, thank you for you love, support and prayers!
Sheryl

Hang in there with the interviews Sheryl. Things have a way of working themselves out and we are sure they will with this. Can't wait to see the next ultrasound picture! We are thinking about you all and your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteShawn and Stephanie