Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

2-28-09

IV Success!
Yesterday, Jan (Jared's hospital nurse) taught me how to give Jared his IV's. She had me practice on a "Dummy" hand and arm. It went great, so when I came home I thought I'd practice on Tom, I got it the first try, he said that it didn't even hurt. (Thanks, Tom for being such a great sport!)This morning, it was Jared's turn. Yep, got that on the first try, too. Jared sat like such a big guy, he didn't cry and there was no drama. He helped me prep everything, he chose the spot on his arm and where he wanted to sit...the living room floor...not too much fun for me at 7 mos. pregnant, but I didn't care, he was awesome! I was so proud of him.
Dale called, so we let him know we didn't need him today...he told me to let Jared know his feelings were hurt, Jared's response-with a big smile was, "but my mommy did it!" HA!

Well, I'm off to shower, I have an ultra sound at 1:45 P.M. today. I hope to post "no new news" on Mr. Jaime later! (Keep your fingers crossed!)

~Sheryl

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.