As we all know Jaime has lots of abnormal baby issues, well tonight...turns out he has a NORMAL one!
Here's the scenario: Jared and Jaime are playing with Jared's helicopters and planes...much like they do any other night. Jaime started to climb on Jared's aircraft carrier, Jared gets mad and pushes him off...Jaime "gently" rolls off of it hitting his head on the hardwood floor. He cries right away...I go to pick him up...he throws up...uh-oh! He starts acting funny, then falls asleep...again, uh-oh. He wakes up after 15 min. and throws up again...OK, time to take him to get checked out. Tom was at a meeting, so I called him home. He gets home, Jaime is acting normal again. What the heck? So, against my better judgment, I take Jaime up to the local Urgent Care just to get checked out.
We get there, they look at his medical history and say that he needs to go to the ER, but they still have to evaluate him, so they did. By this point Jaime has a fever...what in the world is going on? And the fever was 102. The Dr. checks his ears and says they're a bit "red." Whew, the kid's got red ears, we can go home...NO! Instead because he was acting funny, hit his head, had a fever and was vomiting...he STILL had to go to the ER. OK, I'll pack him up and take him..."No, we have to call 911." WHAT? Yep, that's right folks, Jaime had to go by Willowick EMS (911) to Hillcrest Peds ER. OK, I'll follow the squad..."NOPE, you have to come with us!" Oh, did I mention I was by myself because Tom was home with Jared who was already in bed?
OK, so Jaime and I get our free ride to Hillcrest. We get there, they take his temp, yep, still has a fever...why wouldn't he? He didn't get any Tylenol at the Urgent Care. The nurse tried to give him some in a syringe, we all know how that scenario was going to turn out...I told the dr. that he was going to throw it up, so she decided not to give him anything for fear of him aspirating and let Hillcrest do it!
OK, back at Hillcrest, ran through the day's events and his history (they already knew it, he's been there before). The dr. takes one look at his ears and says, "his ears are infected." Hmmmm....didn't the Urgent Care dr. say they were "red?" Anyway, long story short, Jaime did NOT get a CT of his head from his fall, instead, turns out his ears are infected, so he got a suppository and an antibiotic. We still have to monitor Jaime for his head injury...you know with him being a hemophiliac and all...there was no bump or bruise. His acting funny was most likely due to the onset of his ear infection.
Soooo, hoping that his infection sticks just to his ears and his lungs stay clear! He's starting to develop a slight cough, too and he did throw up again in the ER. But for tonight, I can be happy that Jaime has a normal baby problem...too bad he had to go 911, via squad for stupid ear infections, though! That's a bit embarrassing. Can you say the Urgent Care dr. overreacted?!?
We're all home safe and sound! Tom had to come up to the hospital to pick Jaime and I up, Scott came over to sit with Jared...who was asleep this whole time and never even knew we left! Then, once home, Scott took me to pick up my car that was still in the Urgent Care parking lot by his house...C-R-A-Z-Y! (Thanks, Scottie!)
Again all is well and I'm going to hit the hay! Busy day tomorrow...we have 5 home care people coming over. :(
Until next time.....
P.S. I nearly forgot...Jaime's weight today was....are you all ready for this?!? NINETEEN POUNDS, yep, 19 lbs even! Woohoo! He's gained 14 oz. since Cincy...must be that Pediasure!

Wow! Sounds like a very stressful night!!!! I hope Jaime feels better soon! Congratulations on the 19 lbs!!! Dakota is still stuck at 17 1/2! I tried Pediasure, but Dakota didn't tolerate it and threw it up if I gave her any significant amount. Maybe I'll try again!
ReplyDeleteFeel better Jaime!!!!!
Hugs,
Jennifer
wow!!! what a night! I hope the infection sticks to his ears and goes away fast! Poor kid! So was the throwing up bc of the fever? Did they say anything about him hitting his head?
ReplyDeleteAnd 19lbs!! Holy cow!! He's caught up to Kayla!! :)