Here's a picture of MY lilac tree this morning with a butterfly on it.

Well, when we were in Cincinnati last year, my grandparent's house sold. (They both passed away a few years ago). I never got my lilacs last year....so I decided that I MUST keep that tradition alive. So, this afternoon, I went on a stealth mission (not really) to cut some lilacs off of my grandparent's lilac tree. Their lot sits on the back of a dead end road...on the end of their lot sits a GIANT lilac tree! Here's a photo of THEIR lilac tree (taken with my cell phone camera).

And here's a photo of the cut lilacs in MY house! You know, I really don't think the new owners would mind me cutting a branch here and there. They can think of me as their free tree pruner!!! HA! "Sniff," Mmmmm, they smell so good! I "heart" my Grandparents! :)

OK now on to fun and sun! Today was super warm, in fact I have my a/c on because it's still 81 degrees here and Jaime doesn't do all that well when it's warm, especially at bedtime!
Jaime and I actually left the house today...I know that's hard to believe, but we did! We went to Toys R Us to use our Gift Cards. Jaime sat in a cart for the first time. He's so small and not 100% stable sitting up, he actually HATED it. Good thing I'm a fast shopper! I purchased the boys a pool, a slip-n-slide, two "water or land" planes-one for each boy, and I bought Jaime lots of baby food. Thank you to those of you who gave us the gift cards! Hoping the items bought today will help the boys stay cool this summer!

After Toys R Us, we went to the mall, yes the mall...I NEVER go to the mall with or without Jaime...I HATE that place. We went to see my Aunt who works there, who by the way, was NOT working today...thanks a lot Aunt Karen. While we were there, I thought I would take Jaime into the Disney Store for the first time. As you can imagine...Jaime left with Mickey Mouse. (By the way, Aunt Karen, I'm going to send you the bill because if you were working today, I wouldn't have walked as far down as the Disney Store and I wouldn't have bought the Mickey! HA, just kidding!) Here's Jaime with his Mickey during his 10 minute (and ONLY) nap today. Notice that Jaime's got some bruises on his legs...my little hemophiliacs legs are starting to look like his older brother's legs.

Finally, I'll end with a mini slide show of the boys this afternoon! Enjoy!
(Remember to click on the pics if you prefer to see the pictures larger.)
Before I go, I'd like to ask you all to continue to keep Julia (RCDH) in your thoughts and prayers. She is off of ECMO and starting to stabilize! Thank you, I know that her family appreciates it!
Wishing everyone a GREAT weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.