Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sick Baby?

Jaime continues to have fevers, he's thrown up a few times today...including one entire dose of his antibiotic. He's now developed quite a cough. I canceled all of our home visitors today...and guess what? Not a single one of them got my message and they all showed up! Did Jaime's illness stop him? You be the judge!
I like Clifford, the Big Red Dog!
Daddy, Clifford's on!
Now, what? Clifford's over, I need Tylenol, Mommy!
Look what I discovered I could do after my bath today.
Hey, I can reach my toybox toys this way.
Jaime...what in the world are you doing?
Ummm, nothing, Mommy!

And you all think I'm lying when I say that Jaime is a monkey...he is, his pj's even say so! :)

Before I go, we'd like to wish Jaime's NICU Pod-mate and CDH Warrior, Carter Adler a very happy 1st Birthday! We hope you had a terrific day and a fabulous birthday party this weekend! :-)

Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.