Well, when we went to our appointment with him on Wednesday, he gave me a sheet with some pics on it. (He said he'd email me the whole slide show.)
Anyway, here is a picture of the paper with the surgical pics on it. (Sorry about the fold in the paper...kind of looks funny, but you get the idea.)

The first picture is of Jaime just after intubation and sedation...you can see the purple incision line.
The one directly underneath it shows where the first patch was supposed to be. There is a hole, as the liver, intestines and kidney are up in his chest.
The one on the side is a bit gross. The white part in the picture are Jaime's patches to make up the right-side of his diaphragm. All of the black parts around it to the right and left are adhesions on the liver that needed to be repaired as well. And the yellowish part is actually the surgeon's glove holding his intestines. Kind of gross, I know, but rather intriguing! This is the very procedure that saved Jaime's life, so honestly, I had to share! Plus, I know some of you out there are just as interested in seeing these as I was! :)
So, that's all for the graphic pics! I'll end with a cute one of Jaime with his new wheels from The Toney's and The Luken's. Thanks, girls!

Not grossed out - it is interesting - but I prefer the picture of Jaime and his new wheels!
ReplyDeleteI have similar pictures from Dakota's surgery and show them to people often =). However, I will say, Jaime is much cuter on the outside than on the inside =P.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jennifer
I wish i had pic's like this! Man we are so warped to like this stuff...lol! I think it's important for us to know what's going on in our little one's. Can't wait to see the slide show!
ReplyDeleteDefinately cuter on the outside, but it's amazing to see the surgery pics too. Wish I would've thought to ask Dr C to take pics of Emily's repair. Maybe if I get a "next life" I'll go into medicine.
ReplyDeleteI too wish i had pics, i asked for pics from the MRI scans i had before he was born but they wouldn't give me any said they don't print them or somethin ugh, just bet Lewis's surgeon would have said no to pics during his surgery,
ReplyDeleteanyway,love the new wheels :)
Hayley xx
Those are really neat Sheryl! I wish I had some of Katie's too. Good job for remembering to ask for them, I don't ever think about things like that until its too late :)
ReplyDelete