Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

BEAUTIFUL APRIL DAY!

Mornin' Peek-a-boo!
Now if I can only figure out how to get this piece down...
Weeeeeh!
My "Easter" bonnet!
Jared's hang-gliding.
Hanging in my "crib" outside!
New sand & toys.
Jaime hated touching it....
LOVED standing in it!
Early birthday present!
(Jared & I couldn't resist giving it to Jaime today, it was the perfect day!)
Trying to eat the bubbles.First outside dinner of 2010.
Still outside & happy after dinner!

Hoping your April is starting off as nice as ours! :)

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see Jaime so happy and doing well. I cannot believe these babies are almost one! It just doesn't seem possible. I am so proud of them and all they have overcome. Please give Jaime a hug from his girlfriend Katie :)
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog thru another CDH blog and even though I've never actually met your family, I would know you if I met you on the street. You have a beautiful, precious, priceless family! You are absolutely wonderful keeping up your blog too - in fact, probably the best I've ever seen! Keep up the GREAT work and thank you for sharing your family. May God bless you! (By the way, I wore turquoise on Wednesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Glad they had a fun day - perhaps Jaime will sleep good with all that fresh air? There is always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so great to see that all is well with your family! The boys are so very cute, both amazing.
    Hugs, Nurse Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheryl, so good to see your updates on Jamie and family. Jamie looks beautiful standing up in his crib and sandbox. Can't wait to hear update from Cincinnati on his progress. We haven't been back since we left in July 2009. I definitely need to visit the CDH team but just not sure when that will be - maybe later this summer when things clam down for me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.