Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

PAR-TAY!!!

Today was Jaime's 1st Birthday Celebration! We had brunch at Vittorio's, my friend, Lisa's restaurant. Everything was delicious, as usual!!!! :) Jaime did AWESOME considering we were in a big party room filled with people-so not what he's used to! I think he may have even had some fun, too! ;)

As you all can imagine I have LOTS of pictures to share! It's really late, and I'm whipped, so you will have to wait for the slide show, but here are a few highlights from today's event!

Giant Elmo balloon, courtesy of Titi!
Party boy & the best helper ever, Jared!

Cakes & Pics!

The kids!
Jaime's cupcake, one brave Poppy!

The Birthday Boys, Poppy's birthday was April 8th.

S-M-A-S-H!

Someone partied hard! :)

Thank you to everyone who came to Jaime's party today, especially to all of our out-of-town family members-all of Jaime and Jared's grandparents and many of their Aunts! So glad you all could make it! We hope you had as much fun as we did today! Thanks to Lisa and the Vittorio's staff for hosting Jaime's Birthday Brunch...it was awesome being able to enjoy the party not having to worry about doing any of the work! We love you guys! :)
Thank you to everyone who sent cards, gifts, emails, texts and overall birthday wishes for Jaime. All were very much appreciated. Jaime is one special little boy, truly loved by many!
Here's to many, many more celebrations like today!

4 comments:

  1. Happy be-lated b-day Jaime!! Looks like the party was tons of fun and I love the cake!! So glad all went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jaime!!!! Can't believe it's been a year. Oh my goodness! The cake was awesome! Love the new blog! Looks great!

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you how cute he is?
    Looks like you had a wonderful time! Wish we could have made the road trip to Cleveland.
    I showed all of the folks at work the picture of Jaime and Ryan. They have been praying for your little guy all along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jamie! Wow, I can hardly believe he is already 1 year old! He looks so grown up sitting there in that high chair and I can't believe you have a picture of him standing!! That is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.