Here we are another year later with a toddler getting into EVERYTHING! It's just amazing the difference a year makes! Even now, last year seems so surreal! I have a feeling it always will. We quickly jumped back into our "normal" lives as if last year didn't happen! We can't dwell on the past...we just live for the present...not even the future...we can't look too far ahead! We take things as they come! For example, just the other night, Jaime was back on his O2 and monitor after, what we believe to be an apnea episode with some reflux. Jaime woke up screaming and gagging...and he was a not so pretty shade of purple! I put him on the O2 bumped up to 1 liter...took about 40 minutes to get him back to base, but he recovered nicely. He didn't love the O2 and "glow-toe" (AKA...Monitor) on his foot, but he got used to it and finally fell asleep again.

By yesterday morning he was back to his normal self again and off the O2 came! We spent the day running errands and getting things for our trip yesterday...and we took Jared to cooking class. It was super cute. We even got to sample his food! (chicken avocado salad and mint brownies) I'm glad we got all of our things done yesterday, today it warmed up and the ozone was listed as "unhealthy for sensitive groups." What does this mean? Basically that Jaime can't be outside during the day. Since he had to stay in all day, Jared and I went to pool with his friends. It was super fun and this time I made sure not to wear my sunglasses to try and tan my raccoon face! HA!
By tonight, it was a bit safer for Jaime to go out, so we went to IHop (Thanks, Dale for the G.C.). We ordered Jaime a pancake face...it was a pancake that came with bananas for a mouth, strawberries for eyes, whip cream for a nose and a yogurt stick to make hair. Jaime ate about 1/8 of the pancake and 2 1/2 banana slices...oh and a few tastes of yogurt. Tom and I were so impressed...and then....his little hand moved way faster than we did, he grabbed a big piece of pancake off of the "real" plate (not the small plate I had cut up pieces on) shoved it in his mouth...realized it was too much...gagged...and...yep, threw up! DAMN! He was doing SOOOOOOO good, too! I've been calling him Sir Pukesalot! Poor thing! I did save my left overs to try again in the morning!
So, that about sums things up...wishing everyone a wonderful 4th of July. Last year we saw fireworks over the river in Cincinnati, it was AWESOME, this year we'll be back in our hometown to watch them!
Enjoy and be safe!

Love it. Sir Pukesalot! Too funny! He'll get there! In due time!
ReplyDeleteAlways thinking of y'all!
Stephanie
Hello My sweet munchkin that I say you are my ROCKSTAR. I don't post on your blog a lot, I know bad me, but I do read them all. I love you and I am so proud of you for trying new things, but take it easy buddy. Remember, you and I, we aren't allowed anymore incidentences (sp?)I love that pic of you--mommy may I post to my FB/Blog? Happy 4th Trost family--you are certainly part of mine.
ReplyDelete