




My little Monkey Boy sure acts like one, but in no more closer to walking than he was a few months ago. Jaime's PT and I were talking about that today...he just doesn't have the strength or awareness of his lower half to walk alone. He isn't a huge fan of finger walking, but will on occasion. Finger walking him is like finger walking a 6 month old, he's not steady or balanced. She talked about some weight thing for his hips to give him more support and control...I'm not sure what, if anything we will do. He is coming up on 15 months old with no sign of walking any time soon, so there may be some intervention on him in the future.
As for eating, he is officially "over" baby food. This is a milestone many parents want to meet, but for us, it just creates more of a challenge. We have to try and find foods that he'll tolerate and not choke on that aren't baby food. I'm not sure what changed, but he's decided that baby food is just that...for babies! So, we've donated our baby food to a few other families with babies, we're hoping they'll enjoy their new food choices! ;)
I did buy Jaime organic "Fruit hearts." They are blueberry flavored corn and wheat pieces of cereal. He seems to really like them. He ate 12 of them for breakfast. That's the other problem...the amount he's eating is ridiculous. 12 pieces sounds like a lot, but count out 12 Cheerios and that's the amount he ate...the hearts are slightly bigger and I have to break them up into 4 pieces each. It's a long process, breakfast (AKA 12 cereal pieces) was nearly 1 hour long. With that he ate a few pieces of freeze dried bananas and strawberries (Gerber product). He ate a 1/2 of a Sun Chip for "lunch" and I think he'll be eating Beechnut Spaghetti rings for dinner. Last night he ate about a 1/2 teaspoon of mashed potatoes and get this...cauliflower. Yep, I cut up 2 "trees" into tiny pieces, he gobbled them down. WEIRD! Jared LOVES broccoli, Jaime loves cauliflower! HA! He ate a few carrots, too. Those seem to be his favorite lately.
So that's about all for an update! Hoping everyone is enjoying their summer so far!
Oooo, I almost forgot...here's a pic of how Jared tortures Jaime...or is it just a baby wanting to be in disguise?!? HA!

Until next time....

LOVE the pictures!! :) He has sooo much hair!! I'm so jealous! I wish K would get some hair so ppl would stop thinking she is a boy!! jeeeez!
ReplyDeleteDakota also got to the point where she is refusing baby food and most days she does not allow me to feed her anymore. It has to be all food that she feeds herself ... very challenging. What has worked for us recently (and who know if it will work next week) is oyster crackers soaked in cream of asparagus, mushroom or chicken soup, spaghetti cut up into little pieces (but only the stringy kind-she refuses all types of ravioli), little pieces of sliced ham (but only if she is not sitting in her high chair and we give her a small piece at a time while she plays), lucky charms marshmellows soaked in milk (I know-parents of normal babies would string me up for giving her so much sugar, but I give the girl what she eats!), ricearoni type products (flavored rice), and nibs cut up (ice cream with a chocolate shell). She also for a while really went to town on fruit cups of peaches or pears, but seems to be sick of those now. After seeing your posts, I tried mandarin oranges and she liked those one morning. Today she decided goldfish and chocolate pudding was a good snack. It's a battle, that's for sure! Hugs!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor
Love the pics. By the way, the girls are just now 12 months old, and can't finger walk yet. They aren't even pulling up. Don't sweat it (I know you aren't). Let God take control over this one! (I know you know that too - LOL).
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you!
Stephanie