The goal was for Jaime to put the blocks into the bucket...the only way he would do it is with the "star" shape sideways in his mouth! HA!

Notice his face...he was NOT happy with me. I made him walk up the driveway one time. He fell and skinned his knee once, but all is well!
He's very, very weak on his feet, it took him a good 20 minutes to walk up the drive.

Today's food...after completely refusing baby food with cereal this morning, I made Jaime toast with cinnamon and sugar. He LOVED it! He ate about 1/2 of it...then he wanted a bite of my hashbrown...he took a bite...lo and behold, he gagged and threw up. :( He then continued to eat 1/4 of the toast. He also ate about 1/4 of a "real" meat ravioli with sauce. The meat was REALLY hard for him to chew even though it was tiny. I got a letter from his dietitian today...Jaime is over 200 calories below his daily amount to maintain his weight and well below where he should be for growth. She suggested that we add dry powdered milk to his Pediasure for optimal calories. Has anyone out there done this?!? I'm a little nervous to try it, especially right before going on a trip.
Anyway, that's the latest!
Stay tuned.....and VOTE for JAIME! :)



What a trooper he is!!! I started adding formula to Abby's yogurt and cereal to increase the calories. She's in the 10th% which isn't bad at all but the doc didn't like that she only gained 4oz in 3 months. I know that dieticians have degrees and everything, but one thing I would worry about is if his kidneys can handle all that protein in one drink. So maybe check with your ped too??? Just throwing stuff out there.
ReplyDeleteThank for keeping us updated!
Interesting...our boy was off the scale and his dietetian had recommended us to add baby Wheat Cereal Single Grain to his warm milk, yogurt, etc... I do recall she said something about not to add dry formula or Rice Cereal b/c that would cause constipation. Don't take my word for it though.. check w/ your ped first.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see Jamie on his feet and walking his walker!
I add oil to Julia's morning oatmeal to boost her calories. Its real easy to add oil if Jaime has a g-tube.
ReplyDelete