Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

MRI

Quick post, it's super late and I've been very busy trying to get caught up on my homework!
We received the results from Jaime's MRI today. The good news is, there is no evidence of a large stroke or bleed...the bad news, it that Jaime has mild to moderately enlarged ventricles and volume loss. What does this mean? Well, I don't know 100%, but Jaime's dr. did say that it could explain some of Jaime's "general" weakness and developmental delays, but it doesn't fully explain his right sided weakness. We also learned that there are only slight differences between this MRI and the one taken last July...this is also good news, he's not getting any worse. We are due to see the neurologist near the end of August, so I'm sure we'll get more in-depth info on what all of this means in terms of Jaime's future.

Other news, Jaime is tolerating his higher calorie formula very well! I weighed him on our home scale today, he was 20.07 lbs. So, I think this is a good thing. He's been very fussy during nap and bedtime the last few days, I'm not sure if it's his teeth or his ears. He has 3 of his 4 molars in, so that makes a total of 9 teeth for Mr. Jaime...all the better for chewing with! ;~)
No real difference in his eating...the intake is about the same...bites here and there! Oh well, such is life...the feeding process stinks!

That's all for now...back to the grindstone for me....2 more weeks left of this semester! Woohoo! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that everything is OK with Jamie. i do know this road well. Thanks so much for allowing me to follow your family and all of their miracles that come with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many prayers for good and easy answers for Jaime! He is doing so well and is such a cute little guy!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.