Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

8 Months Old!

Happy 8 Month Birthday, Jaime, from the BEST big Brother ever and your Mommy and Daddy! We love you, little guy! :-)

Jaime and I hung out at home all day, we didn't even have any home care visitors over! I did his therapy with him and then let him play. He played with some of his favorite toys while sporting Jared's old jeans! HA! (Beth, your caterpillar ball is a HUGE hit in our house, thanks again for it!)

Jaime ate like a little piggy today! He drank 31oz of formula-3 bottles with cereal, had Nana's sweet potato casserole for lunch (I froze some cubes for Jaime after Thanksgiving dinner), he ate a mashed baked yam for dinner and finished his day off with vanilla bean ice cream in celebration of his 8 month birthday.
Here Jaime is enjoying his special treat!


I weighed Jaime just before his bath tonight, he's 15lbs 3 oz! :) I'm very happy with his weight gain and appetite. I hope this trend continues! Also, I forgot to mention this in my last post, while Jaime is still a crummy night time sleeper (though he's getting better, he'll sleep 5 solid hours), he's starting to take 1 to 2 hour naps in the late afternoon. I usually end up putting him down just before Jared gets off of the bus. This way, we have special time with Jared and we can make dinner, too. Now it doesn't always work out like this, but like I said, he's getting better. :)

As a side note, rumor has it that Titi is coming back to the States tomorrow, she's currently in the air traveling to Chicago from Tokyo. Safe travels Titi and Kim. See you soon to make Christmas cookies...I've got a list of cookie ideas started and I even found some Christmas sprinkles...mmmmm!

Jaime just went to bed, so I'm going to get my pjs on and head to bed, too. We all know that Jaime will be up around 2:00 A.M. (YAWN)

Good night, folks!


P.S. Don't forget to check out "Jared's World," exciting news to share! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Jaime! We like it when our babes are piggies!! Well done Jaime!! haha!!!! Yesterday I was so super excited that when I put puffs down on K's high chair she grabbed for one and put it in her mouth and ate it! And then she did it again!!!!! I was so excited- she must think I'm nuts. :) Glad all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for great days!! I am so glad he loves his ball, it is one of Katie's favs too. Another thing they share are great smiles and personalities. It continues to amaze me how happy these babies are after all they have been through. They have all rights to be fussy and ill. But Katie (and Jaime too it seems)rarely cries and is so happy and smiley!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.