Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jaime's First Concert

As I mentioned yesterday, Jaime was supposed to have therapy today, but for some unknown reason, his therapist never showed! I'm SOOOOOO frustrated with these therapists! I really like the EI ones that were here yesterday, at least they come when they say they will and they give us "homework," too. I have several handouts on things to work on with Jaime. We had our own therapy session today...therapist or not! I got Jaime to roll over from his back to his tummy by holding his hips, twice. He got tired very quickly and rolled on to his back. Baby steps! :)
When I wasn't playing therapist, I was wrapping Christmas gifts. I started buying things in the summer because I wasn't sure where we'd be with Jaime, so I've been "done" for a while now. Jaime got a kick out of watching me and playing with the paper. He's such a good helper! HA!

After dinner, we went to Jared's school concert. It was super cute! Jaime went with us, poor kid had to wear a mask and hated it, he even figured out how to pull it off. Once we were in a "safe zone" I let him keep it off. We sat WAYYYYYYYY in the back corner with Colleen and Fam. I didn't want to be around people. Jaime's used to Colleen and Lauren, so they were "safe." Having said that, it was REALLY hard to get good pics and video of Jared! :( I will post pics on Jared's World. Jaime was funny at the concert, he cried every time the crowd clapped. Guess it was too loud for him. He even cried during the first song, I was videoing Jared, no doubt Jaime's cries will be on the video! HA!
Jaime hanging out in the corner at Jared's concert.

Jaime and I waiting for the concert to begin!

When we got home from the concert there was a message from Jaime's "MIA" therapist telling me she'll be here Friday. I have half the notion to cancel her altogether this week, especially since she didn't even apologize, let alone mention not coming today. ARGH! Our therapists in Cincinnati certainly set the standard for us, we were sooooo spoiled there! We miss you girls!

It's starting to get chilly here, even snowed a few times this week...it was very light! We're expected to have some snow by the end of the week! Stay warm everyone and Happy December!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.