The boys this morning before church, sharing a blanket and watching Mickey Mouse. Jaime's holding "Brownie" the new Build-a-Bear dog that Jared made for him. He LOVES it.

Today is my Grandma's 85th Birthday! Tom, the boys and I went to visit her at the nursing home...my aunt and cousins were there, too. It was nice seeing everyone! We also received a surprise call from Titi in Thailand. It was fun to hear from you! Grandma was pretty excited to hear from her, too. We miss you, Titi...and we have LOTS of cookies to make...hurry back and bring some of that 90 degree weather with you!
Here are some photos we took this afternoon.
Cookie Monster.

As for Jaime, he's A-OK. He is tolerating his new formula rather well. He did not throw up for 2 days...not even so much as a gag! He's even taken more "spoon" food, too. Well, I've discovered that he'll eat anything with butter or cinnamon. Yesterday, I split my sweet potato with him at dinner, mashed it with butter and his formula, he gobbled it down. He's been sitting with us at meals in his high chair and we let him "try" soft things off of our plates. I will also make him his own bowl of stuff to eat at the table when we eat. We are still trying to figure out what allergies he may have. I gave him some "real" applesauce instead of baby applesauce while we were out and he got a rash...the same as he got with the flavored Prevacid. So, I'm thinking it's a preservatives thing. See, when I first started giving Jaime baby food or purees, I was told by his pediatrician to use only organic foods. We haven't had any issues thus far with either the food I make for him or the organic baby food. It will be interesting to see how his allergies pan out. Jared is allergic to eggs and oatmeal (you'll notice his red face in the photos with my Grandma and you see him eating a cookie...EGGS!) Jaime tolerates oatmeal really well, haven't tried eggs and don't think I will for a very long time.
Speaking of oatmeal, it's the baby cereal oatmeal. We've been putting either rice or oatmeal in his bottles, not all of them, just some of them. He's been doing great. I only had to gavage 1/2 off one bottle all weekend. Jaime sees Dr. Hellerstein tomorrow morning, I'm soooooo hoping he's gained weight since his last visit. I personally think he has, but only her scale will tell for sure. My home scale says 15lbs 3oz. Fingers crossed for a good visit tomorrow, I'll keep you all posted!
Before I go, I'd like to wish Candice (Mommy to CDH Angel, Jackson), a very happy birthday today. I hope you enjoyed your day with your niece. Here's to a better 2010! :) Many hugs coming your way! :)
P.S. Tonight was also the 13th Annual Worldwide Candle Lighting for babies and children who have gone before us. We lit our candle for all of the CDH babies who grew wings instead of feet and for all of our friends who lost their little ones.




that was very sweet of you to think of us.....
ReplyDelete