I just realized that it's been 4 days since I've posted...WOW, time flies! We've been pretty busy around here. We're getting ready (and excited) to spend our first Christmas HOME together as a family of FOUR! :) We had our first "real" snowfall this weekend. I don't think Jaime knows what to make of it. He's doing well. He's 15lbs 5oz. as of today's weigh in. He's teething and a bit out of sorts lately from that. I swear his incision site looks a bit puffy to me, but he's stable, so we'll wait to see what Cincy says next week. We are due there on Dec. 29th. (Fingers crossed that it's just me being paranoid!) Other than that, not too much to tell, he's still tolerating his formula well and he's only thrown up twice in 10 days, both time provoked by a thumb being too far in his mouth...silly boy, gagged himself. He's eating more "solids." Although, we are discovering that Jaime gets a rash when he eats non-organic foods...not sure what that's all about, but for now, it's "organic" only for Mr. Jaime.
As for the rest of us...I spend my days taking care of Jaime and I have been looking for a part-time job, too. Crazy, I know, but COBRA is really expensive. Jaime was recently approved for home nursing, so we'll be able to have a nurse here caring for Jaime, if and when I go back to work. Also, the nurses taking care of Jaime will only be friends of mine. I am allowed to "hire" whomever I want as long as the appropriate paperwork is completed, so that's pretty neat! I'm also going to attempt to take classes again in January!
Jared and I baked cookies this weekend. He's thrilled to be having some much needed time away from school. I'm hoping to get him out on the ice with me sometime during his break.
As for Tom, he has spent the last week finishing up his school concerts. We'd like to thank all of Tom's students, parents, and schools for the wonderful cards, gifts and over all good wishes for our family. We appreciate all of the support that you have given us throughout the year.
Speaking of gifts, my children have been SOOOOOO spoiled by our friends and family. We'd like to thank Aunt Phyllis and Aunt Elaine for the packages that came this week. Jared is so silly and insisted that he open them...so, I let him...what GREAT gifts! BOTH boys have thoroughly enjoyed them. Jared will be taking all of his on our trip to Cincinnati next week.
Then, on Friday, the boys received Christmas gifts from the Wickliffe Secret Santa (ABB, I&A Women's Club...etc) thank you all for making this Christmas so special for our boys!
Uncle Dale also came over with packages for the boys...he let Jared have one of his presents early...a Lego car set. The others are still under the tree. Thanks, Dale.
Next, on Saturday, we found a package on our door step in the snow...it was from the Kozik Family. Emily, like Jaime, was born in Cincinnati with CDH. Thank you, Sue for the awesome gifts for the boys...oh and the shoes were PERFECT! He'll be able to wear BOTH pairs! :)
This morning, Jaime and I had the pleasure of going to church to hear Jared sing (and Tom play piano). The kids were TERRIFIC! And they looked super cute in their collars, too. It was nice to see everyone! Even at church, Jared and Jaime came home with little gifts...special ornaments for the tree and candy canes! Thank you, Ann! You guys did a fantastic job with the performance today!
Just when we thought the spoiling was over, Tanya (from our Abby Normal Family) came with gifts for the boys...Legos and Play Doh for Jared and Elmo for Jaime! Thanks soooo much! It was great visiting with you...hope you liked the cookies! :)
So, I entitled this post, "GREAT PEOPLE" because we are truly surrounded by them! This has been the absolute hardest year of our lives (thus far) and we couldn't have gotten through it without our wonderful family and friends! I know I have said this a million times, but you will never know what your love and support means to us...not to mention the very many prayers that have come and are continuing to come our way! Thank you all for EVERYTHING, wishing you a happy and safe holiday season!
Much love to all!
Enjoy the slides show of the boys from this past weekend.

Sheryl, glad the outfit fit Jaime. I see you substituted a long sleeve shirt. Not sure why with all the balmy weather you've been having..ha! Glad he'll be able to use both pairs of shoes, too. I hope Jared likes his little LEGO set, the GIANT one looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm still waiting for that package of fresh cookies!