Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Cincy Again....

The boys in the car on our way down here!


After a crazy, L-O-N-G, treacherous drive, we made it safe and sound to Cincinnati. We stopped at the hospital before the hotel to get Jaime his chest x-ray that his surgeon ordered this morning...I received a call at home about it. They wanted it done before our 12:20 P.M. appointment, since we got into Cincy around 8:00 P.M. ish, I thought it was best to do it tonight. I knew there wouldn't be a wait...and I was right! Not to mention an empty waiting room...no extra germs floating around at that hour. We were in and out in no time!
Then, we headed to our hotel in Kentucky. It took a while to get everything in, Jaime "comes with" (as Jared says) lots of equipment, you know aside from the "normal" baby stuff. Once settled, we took a tour around the hotel, checked out the pool, had a snack and got ready for bed. The boys are all sleeping, I'm heading that way really soon.
Since we don't have to check out until noon, Jared and I are planning on swimming in the morning. It was just way too late to swim tonight, though the pool is open until midnight. Hmmm, perhaps, I'll take a dip in the hot tub tonight...just kidding, I'm soooo tired!
We didn't get on the road until 1:45 today, our rental wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. We rented a mini van to come down simply because it's easier with all of us and Jaime's equipment, especially his large O2 tanks. This is the second or third time we've done that, works out so much better, plus we don't put the extra wear and tear and mileage on our cars.
Anyway, we're looking forward to our appointment tomorrow...I hope Dr. Haberman is happy with Jaime's weight gain...we sure are! Now, we'll just have to figure out what the new plan will be for Jaime's incisional hernia. We've also noticed that Jaime is still not weight-barring on his left leg, so we need to ask about that. Before his last surgery, he didn't move his right side, now he moves BOTH sides, but will not put any weight on that left foot, it's very strange. We're hoping to shed some light on that while we're down here, too.
That's about all from Cincy, Jaime's fussing again-see the boy never sleeps for any extended period of time! Just basically wanted everyone to know that we are safe after traveling in the snow!
I'll update again tomorrow once we know more....

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it safely! Stinkin snow!! I hope all goes well with the Dr! Good luck!!

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.