Hope somebody can use it!
Not much to tell today. Marcia (SP) came to work with Jaime. As usual, she didn't do a whole lot. She did give me a few pointers on how to trick Jaime into eating different textures, though. I didn't do it today, but will try it in the future. She said that after the holidays and our Cincy visit, we are going to be aggressive with feeding Jaime. (Textures, tastes...etc.)
Today, Jaime tried apple/mango puree (organic, of course), he LOVED it! I even tried something new...I gave him a bowl of oatmeal mixed with apple/mango puree and formula just before bed...I'm hoping this allows him to sleep through the night. He actually has been sleeping better the last two nights, but I also gave him Tylenol before bed because of his poor, swollen gums. None, tonight, though, just some cereal followed by 2 1/2 oz of formula. Oooooo, speaking of formula, that little stinker drank 5 1/2 ounces in ONE sitting! :) Wooohoooooo! I made a 6oz bottle just for "fun" he showed us, nearly drank the whole thing!
His incision site still looks puffy to me, but I'm wondering if it's because of how well he's eating these days?!? He's growing and I'm thinking that's got to change things. I wish he hadn't re-herniated in the first place, then I wouldn't be so worried about it! 7 days until Cincy! Speaking of, for our Cincy friends, we will be staying in KY on Monday night...we'll be there just the one night (barring any unforeseen medical issues), then back to Cleveland. It's a shame that we don't live closer, can't really do this trip in one day, it always requires an overnight stay somewhere! Fortunately, my brother hooked us up at an Embassy Suite hotel with his "family" discount! Way to come through, Scott, thanks!!!!! :)
That's about all for tonight, like I said, pretty boring here today! Sometimes in CDH World, boring is GOOD!
The boys watching Jared's new "Flying Things" DVD from Aunt Elaine & Aunt Phyllis this afternoon.
I think it just gave Jaime a distraction while doing "therapy." Way to get high up on your arms, Little Man!
I think it just gave Jaime a distraction while doing "therapy." Way to get high up on your arms, Little Man!
Happy last minute holiday shopping/baking/cooking/cleaning/traveling etc....

Look at him with that tummy time! I remember with Kristen it was a joke to get her to go onto her stomach! So much that she never crawled...lol...she butt scooted everywhere! It was the funniest thing ever! Jamie and big bro Jerod look like they are just so in love with eachother! Happy holidays and a Very Merry Christmas with your two little miracle babies!
ReplyDelete