We've been VERY busy with holiday festivities, a GREAT time was had by all.
Titi, Grammy, Poppy, Nana and Papa all came to town to join us for Christmas. Titi, Jared and I finished the cookies early Christmas Eve. However, that morning, I dropped my camera in my sister's coffee. ARGH! If that wasn't crazy enough, when I went to vacuum up the sprinkles from our cookie decorating...my vacuum motor went. Another ARGH! Santa ran to get a new one, as that was more of a necessity than having a camera...at least at that moment. That night, we ate some soup, then Tom played in church. The boys and I went to my brother's house to exchange gifts! The kids had a blast with each other.
Christmas morning started off VERY EARLY, as Jaime's O2 alarm was going on and off. Why you ask? Not because something was wrong with Jaime, it was because the power had gone out. Jaime's monitor has battery back up, so that was just fine, though he did desat into the 80's while asleep, that is until I got him on an O2 tank. We had a big rain and wind storm on Christmas which led to the power outage (we missed having a white Christmas). It was off for a few hours. It finally came back on just before 9:00 A.M. Trying to stop a 6 year old from opening presents because it was pitch black was not fun! Once on, Jared went crazy opening his and Jaime's gifts!
In spite of everything, we had a wonderful Christmas. The boys got soooooo many new things to wear and play with. I can not believe how much stuff they got this year! It was so great to have Jaime healthy and home! He seemed to have lots of fun with his presents and the family. He's still a Mama's boy, especially in a large group. Though, by the end of this weekend, seems like Titi's growing on him, she's been staying with us since before Christmas.
Jaime has been eating AWESOME these last few days! In fact, today's weight is 15lbs 8oz! I'm so proud of my little man! He LOVES his food net. These are all of the things he's eaten in it over the last few days: grapes, pineapples, waffles (with and without syrup), crackers, carrots, green beans, and potatoes. I also received a baby "Food Mill." This is a little tool to create baby food with your dinner food. I pureed: green beans, carrots, potatoes, spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes with it. The other neat "feeding tool" I got was a Boone Spoon. You put the puree in it and squeeze it out onto the attached spoon...it's one hand feeding. It works great! I highly recommend it.
As for the day after Christmas, well, we didn't do anything, just hung out at home playing with the boys and we ate leftovers all day. Then, today, Titi and I spent the afternoon at the nursing home with my Grandma. We played the game of "LIFE" and Grandma, of course, won! HA! It was fun! When we left there, it was snowing and the roads were terrible. We slid a bit coming home. It's still snowing, we have a few inches already. Now, the problem with that is we are due to drive to Cincinnati tomorrow. If it's still bad out, we may just cancel our trip. See, this is the problem being sooooo far away from the hospital. Jaime doesn't have any pressing need to go there, we know that he has an incisional hernia, but there's nothing they're going to do about it now, he's stable. So, waiting for better weather might be an option. Of course, it IS winter, and the weather is so unpredictable, it's hard to really decide what the right thing to do is. We'll see! We're going to make a decision at noon tomorrow!
Before I go, I'd like to thank all of our parents for visiting and for the wonderful gifts for all of us! I'd like to thank my siblings, too for their gifts and company! And final thank yous to our extended family, friends and strangers who helped make this Christmas one to remember! We appreciate everything that you have done for us! This really was a Christmas to remember for so many reasons! THANK YOU!
Here's to a happy, HEALTHY 2010 for all! We love you!
Here is a glimpse of our first Christmas with Jaime! Enjoy the slide show!

Great Christmas photo's. Glad you had a good Holiday, and really glad that both boys are doing so well. I just love Jamie's smiles. He just brings a smile to all of us. Have a Happy and Safe new year. Dale and Majken and the Mom's
ReplyDelete