1)A Methadone tapper schedule has been added to help with Jaime's withdrawal symptoms, yes, that's right, they USE drugs to ease up the withdrawal from drugs...weird! (I wrote the "weird" just for you, Bev.)
2) Jaime is still experiencing nose bleeds...actually, it's pretty much been continuous, having said that, Jaime received more doses of Factor. (I kind of lost count of how many exactly.) This is the Jaime I walked into this morning.

I put this pic on my Face Book page with a title of "No, seriously, you should see the OTHER guy." :) The funny thing about this pic is that Jaime was smiling in every single pic except this one...so I had to post this one! (And for the record, YES, Jaime's nurse was in the room trying to clean him up for like the 10th time!)
3) Because of Jaime's nose bleeds, you may notice in the previous picture that something is missing on his face....yep, his O2. His cannula was just filling with blood, so it wasn't really doing much good anyway! After 12 hours off of O2 this is a picture of Jaime's monitor. The first number is his heart rate, the second his respiratory rate and the third, his O2 sats...

yep, that's right...100% O2 WITHOUT O2! Wooohooo! I just hope he keeps it up so we can go home with one less tube! :)
4) Bottles...lots of bottles! Jaime is allowed to have a bottle of up to 115mls every 3 hours, whatever he doesn't finish goes into his feeding tube over 2hrs. If he starts to finish his bottles (and he gains and grows) the NG can be pulled. All day today, he's consistently drank 2 ounces, which is just about half of what he's "allowed" to drink. This just proves that he's not 100% ready for his full volume, but he's half way there! Hey, we'll take any small victory we can get! (Also, he only had one dirty diaper today and it was "normal"...much better than yesterday!)
5) No more line connected to his Picc. He still has his picc line, but his TPN's have officially been discontinued today, so the line is capped off. Now, it will only be used for Factor and for drawing labs...for blood, too if he ends up needing it after all of the bleeding from his nose.
Overall, Jaime had a good day. If I described him in a word, it would "edgy." He wasn't 100% perfect and had his moments, but I still saw my happy little guy several times today! I'll take it! It's nice to see that he's feeling better.

Back in Cleveland, sounds like Jared had a better day, too! Him and Tom went to the park for hike. Tom sent me this photo, looks like Jared was wiped out! HA!

I talked to Jared today when Jaime was crying, Jared asked me if he could talk to Jaime...I put the phone by his ear and guess who stopped crying and started smiling! Those boys really love each other! Can't wait to get them reunited! Tom and Jared will be coming to Cincy over the weekend, but Jared is still not allowed up in the RCNIC due to the flu restrictions, so unfortunately, Jared can't see Jaime until we are officially discharged. Soon enough, though!
Wishing everyone a great week....until tomorrow....

Fantastic news!! OMG - that would be awesome to go home with no oxygen tank! i hope he continues to sat at 100% and to eat better.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that things are progressing so quickly. It truly is amazing what a difference a day can make in the RCNIC. When I reading your post, I heard you and "Cindy" saying weird in the same way. Do love that commercial. Take care.
ReplyDeleteSO glad to see Jaime smiling!!
ReplyDeleteI'd be happy to keep my eye out for good deals for you for Christmas, just send me your list!!
Love,
Shelley
Jaime sure is doing great, despite the nose bleeds. The amount he's drinking is encouraging and no oxygen..terrific!!!! With such positive news, you'll be on your way home in no time!!
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC- great numbers and no extra help!! woo hoo!! :) I went away for the weekend, and all I thought about were my blogs that I stalk.. and how I couldn't read to see how my CDH families were doing!! Drove me nuts!! I'm glad things are looking up- aside from the whole weird nose bleed deal, sounds like everything is getting back to normal - your happy Jaime! :) We pray everyday for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI don't post often, but I do check in on you guys all of the time! Jaime is such a cute little guy! I hope that things continue to improve quickly so you guys can be reunited and get back to being a family! Take care!
ReplyDelete